• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Harry Potter MIDI Mockup

Share/Bookmark

Harry Potter MIDI Mockup

This is my MIDI mockup of Hedwig\'s theme from the Harry Potter and the Philosopher\'s Stone score by John Williams. I didn\'t have a celesta so I had to makedo with a glockenspiel! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Its just the first minute.

Hedwig\'s Theme mockup

Re: Harry Potter MIDI Mockup

Ok Hasen, you know this will be the first question but.....how did you do the string runs???

What are you using? We want DETAILS!

PS.

It sounds great....with just a hair more reverb in the strings it would sound absolutely real!

I know this might sound a bit unorthodox but, could you e-mail me the MIDI file? I am really fascinated by those runs and would love to see if my sounds can accomplish that!

I think you already have my e-mail address.

Thanks!

Hahah, guys, don\'t bother. Hasen didn\'t tell me, and he won\'t tell you. It\'s a \"secret,\" you must learn over the years. (he said that) PISSES ME OFF!!! But hey, it\'s his right. =) I got some secrets of my own, and I can understand why he doesn\'t give em\' away.

Wow! It sounds like the real thing, especially the strings. If those are GOS, I should really consider finally buying them.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] What´s the point in posting music like that here if you can´t reveal any of those \"secrets\"? *lol*

Paul

Hmmmmmm...

This is a paradox. The \"celeste\" melody is not played right - and the again the \"oh-so-more-difficult\" strings are played very convincing. Its obvious its made with samples - but it seems very pointless to have a forum here - where people tell eachother \"Hey! Listen to this! Ill never ever tell you how I did it?\"

It might be me who has a too open-minded attitude and I humbly excuse for that. But I really hope Hasen will come to sense and reveal how on earth those fast passages are done.

If not - something must be wrong with somebody.

I somehow doubt its me.

Yours truly - Skamuf

Well I\'m surprised at this response, with an earlier version of this mockup I was told the string runs weren\'t that convincing at all. My secret\'s out anyway, the good old \'mix the trill in with the runs\' smooths it out. I\'ll say this though; making those runs is not easy! It takes ages and I could tweak it to my death bed to get it right and still not be happy. So many notes!

I\'ll have to sort that celesta melody out Lewis but you can understand that I was mainly concentrating on the violins...not to mention the fact that I hated that it had to be a glockenspiel instead of a celesta. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Hasen:
    Well I\'m surprised at this response, with an earlier version of this mockup I was told the string runs weren\'t that convincing at all. My secret\'s out anyway, the good old \'mix the trill in with the runs\' smooths it out. I\'ll say this though; making those runs is not easy! It takes ages and I could tweak it to my death bed to get it right and stil no be happy. So many notes!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are we ever happy? I have the same \"problem\" actually, I rarely get the feeling that things sound \"right\" and most of the times I go back and tweak again, and again, etc.

As for the string runs, yeah they are tough. Been working on the same mockup and I\'m still not happy myself!

I\'ll have to sort that celesta melody out Lewis but you can understand that I was mainly concentrating on the violins...not to mention the fact that I hated that it had to be a glockenspiel instead of a celesta. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [/qb]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There\'s a celesta on one of the XSample volumes, quite nice actually.

Dear Hasen,

I really appreciate your work. Its some of the best runs I\'ve heard. Would you please enlighten me in what samples you have used? I would SO much like to know. The strings sounds very gentle - and I cant recall any stringsamples with this softness.

Yours Lewis

Again - great work!

I was very impressed with the demo myself. I would suggest using the celesta made by Post. I think it sounds very realistic. IT\'s cheaper too. Hansen, if you could, email me. I can help you with your demo.

dhrott@sunflower.com

Go Back to forum