• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectral Relativity: new IR collection

Share/Bookmark

Spectral Relativity: new IR collection

Very inexpensive collection of Impulse Responses. I was particularly impressed by the mp3 demos. So much so, that I bought the collection, even though I\'m still waiting for my copy of Emagic\'s Space Designer! Not sure if they will work in Altiverb, however, and they will not import into Waves\' IR-1.

Check it out here:

http://palancarware.palancar.net/spectralrelativity.php

Re: Spectral Relativity: new IR collection

Hi Ned,

thanks for the link, buddy. So nice of you to share.
    Just bought them.
    One can never have enough toys as both you and I know.
    I\'ll use it with Voxengo Pristine Space.

Have a great weekend.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Hey Ned, let us know what you think about these impulses. I\'ll get a copy if they turn out to be pretty good. Great price for what you get, I must say!

An impressive list, but a little shy in the real room department. Still, looks like a killer deal. Any comments from users regarding their quality?

Originally posted by seanmccoy:
    An impressive list, but a little shy in the real room department.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, I think this is more of an \'experimental\' set. I think in order to really take advantage of it, you\'ll have to think outside the traditional reverb box!

I\'ll be looking for a good set of acoustic spaces set to complement it, as I\'ve read that, unlike Altiverb, Emagic\'s Space Designer doesn\'t offer that many natural halls and rooms...

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:

I\'ll be looking for a good set of acoustic spaces set to complement it, as I\'ve read that, unlike Altiverb, Emagic\'s Space Designer doesn\'t offer that many natural halls and rooms...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wasn\'t aware of that. Big bummer. There seems to be a real shortage of smaller natural space impulses everywhere. Even the way-expensive Numerical Sound discs look like they\'re mainly monster rooms. I\'m surprised developers haven\'t dived after the post-production market, whose appetite for smaller rooms, hallways, alleys, etc., is probably insatiable.

With I.R. applications mushrooming lately, I am sure we will have a whole bunch of attractive I.R. packages to choose from in the very near future.

As long as we manage to keep this world in one piece, the future looks very exciting. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Good point, Patrick... let\'s keep our fingers crossed - except when we\'re making chords!

While on the subject of IRs, I have read that many are done using a starter\'s pistol, but can they be realised using any impact sound? Could I walk into a room or hall, drop a big book or other solid, non-rolling object, and use the reverberated sound as an IR? I suppose popping a balloon would work as well... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Some of the outdoor guns and explosions from Hollywood Edge work great!!

You can use anything as an impulse file, really. The sky\'s the limit. That\'s one of the great things about convolution, that it can be abused as interestingly as it\'s used legitimately.

The IR1 package has interesting small spaces.

Ned, I\'ve sent you a PM regarding your question.

Go Back to forum