• Register
  • Help

Topic: Swashbuckling demo piece...

Share/Bookmark

Swashbuckling demo piece...

Here\'s a demo piece to listen to if you\'re bored on a Sunday (hopefully it wont make you more bored!) www.dougberwick.com/mix.mp3

Re: Swashbuckling demo piece...

It doesn\'t blaze new ground, but it\'s definitely not boring! Pretty effective action adventure piece, really. Very nice use of the staccato brass section in particular. I hear swords clanging over this one. Have you called Bruckheimer yet?

Something strikes me as a little funny about 46 seconds in. It sounds like extremely high French horns playing a melodic line between brass punches, but way in the background. It could be louder and possibly supported elsewhere as well. (unless of course there\'s annoying dialogue right there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Interesting work as it causes listener (at least me) to envision action more than most music not accompanied by video. Very nice.

Great stuff, Doug. I could see Errol Flynn on the high seas.

Originally posted by brewick:
    Here\'s a demo piece to listen to if you\'re bored on a Sunday (hopefully it wont make you more bored!) www.dougberwick.com/mix.mp3
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Powerful! What sample library did you use?

Great Tune!!,
    Congrats..
    D.M

Thanks all, this is done completely with EWQLSO Platinum (though I dont think I\'ve done the library justice with this piece). I\'m pleased with the opening fan-fare and perhaps the final one, but I think I may have over-orchestrated the middle part when a more transparent sound could have had better effect - it\'s all a learning curve I guess!! Would this be alright for a showreel piece? - should I change the middle or anything else? Thanks, Doug.

Go Back to forum