• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Now shipping: CFX Concert Grand from Abbey Road Studios and Garritan

Share/Bookmark

Re: Now shipping: CFX Concert Grand from Abbey Road Studios and Garritan

Does anyone know if there'll be a deal for Garritan Steinway owners?
    Thanks,
    Sergio

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn View Post
    Does anyone know if there'll be a deal for Garritan Steinway owners?
    Thanks,
    Sergio
    Hello, Sergio - I wouldn't think there would be a deal offered of that sort - This isn't an upgrade from the Steinway, it's a new product.

I can say from experience (as a Beta tester) that this really does sound incredible. I don't see how it would be possible for a virtual piano to sound any better than this.

Randy

Garritan products have always been reasonably priced, actually a bargain compared to most so they must think this piano library is really something special.

There are a lot of newer shiny pianos on the market but it looks like the older Galaxy Vintage D until now has been the go to piano for many. The Garritan Authorized Steinway was also a standard for sampled pianos.

With my good friend Randy, I was also one of the beta testers. They've really done a spectacular job on this one. For those with an interest, I've posted a couple of demos in the Listening Room.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...no-(Sosnowski)

All best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

There's also a good number of demos on the Garritan site - click here. It does indeed sound spectacular. $300, though.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Unhappy Re: Now shipping: CFX Concert Grand from Abbey Road Studios and Garritan

It does indeed sound spectacular. $300, though.
    I agree with englishgents comment. It is a shame that on my fixed income that I can't experience some of these new libraries. The price for each of the libraries I own was $149 each. There is no way I can budget individual instruments into my collection at $300 a pop.

sigh...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

It does sound good - and somewhat expensive, compared to alternatives. If I'm reading correctly, it's 150 GB (3 different "perspectives" of 50 GB each). I've purchased entire sample libraries of orchestral sections that aren't this large. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by emasters View Post
    It does sound good - and somewhat expensive, compared to alternatives. If I'm reading correctly, it's 150 GB (3 different "perspectives" of 50 GB each). I've purchased entire sample libraries of orchestral sections that aren't this large. Wow!
    Yes, it's absolutely huge - Aimed at the up-to-date musician who has both a powerful computer and scads of hard drive space. I frankly find it impossibly too large and demanding on my set up, which before this, I thought was pretty powerful.

As for the price, - I easily anticipated that it would probably be The Topic when this piano was finally released. It costs more than I was hoping for, but with the decision to make it so absolutely enormous in size, the price is understandable.

We should remember that the Steinway Pro cost more when it came out - That was around $400 I think.

With the market literally flooded with perfectly good pianos, it will be interesting to see how this, yet another piano entry, will fare.

Randy

Thanks for the share Randy! This looks promising! I assume this will be much better than that piano from Instant Orchestra!!! :P Looking forward to this!

Go Back to forum