• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which degrees are worth getting these days?

Which degrees are worth getting these days?

I am just so interested to see what you would choose as a degree if you had to go back to school? or if you would maintain the one you have.

I am thinking of going back, although I love Midi and Audio Electronic music, I do not see a great future on just this type of degree.

I love computers and love music techology, but also want something that will pay well, but the Electronic Music Degrees seem to General. I also have many friends with this type of degree that cannot get employment in this field.

Which degrees do you see as valuable, good pay, and worth getting for the future? Computers with Minors in Electronic music or any other combo?

I am really interested to know what your input is on this

Re: Which degrees are worth getting these days?

Probably Law. Engineering is a good one too, but Law is what I would be interested in!

Then I\'d go practice in a small town, and buy a bowling alley! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ermm...this is a bit off topic guys to say the least. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Computer Science. It has been a hot field for a long time and will be for a long. You would be hard pressed to beat the starting salaries - in the U.S. anyway (50-55 in the midwest). The work can be very interesting (communications and aerospace, for me, especially). Get some expertise and consult and you will make what your doctor does [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, you will probably find that most schools do not have majors let alone minors in Electronic Music. U of Michigan probably does though (great school for both engineering and music). Try U of Illinois - rated #2 computer science and an amazing e-music center (I assume you live in Michigan).

Good luck!

Go Back to forum