• Register
  • Help

Topic: legato-portamento

Share/Bookmark

legato-portamento

hi
    does anyone know if the legato-portamento is the arabian string sounds that you generally hear in soundtracks. i\'ve been looking for these beautiful lush strings that kind of slide in movement if that makes any sense, and i\'ve heard that they are legato-portamento strings. if someone could let me know if this is correct and also maybe some suggestions of the best samples for this sound. thanks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: legato-portamento

Originally posted by versuviusx:
    hi
    does anyone know if the legato-portamento is the arabian string sounds that you generally hear in soundtracks. i\'ve been looking for these beautiful lush strings that kind of slide in movement if that makes any sense, and i\'ve heard that they are legato-portamento strings. if someone could let me know if this is correct and also maybe some suggestions of the best samples for this sound. thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">VSL

What Bruce said. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The VSL legato poramento strings are very nice and smoothe. You can do a slide anywhere from a half-step, up to an octave, both up and down the instrument. I have VSL Opus 1. It includes legato portamento patches for violins, violas, cellos and basses. No other library can pull this off like VSL.

To be heard on dZihan & Kamien\'s live-album, for example. In several cases, they doubled the oriental sound of the string-players from Instanbul (due to the huge amount of stage-bleed on the live-tracks) with VSL-legato-sections.

Go Back to forum