• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone Using The Following?

Anyone Using The Following?

If anyone is using any of the following, I would appreciate your comments on how good or bad they are. Thanks

Heavy Hitters - Tommy Lee

Steve Gadd Drum Scores

Mark Walker Latin Drums

Matt Ragan Maximum Strength Accoustic Guitar

Jim Corrigan Nashville Hi-Strung Guitar

Jacaranda Guitars Vol 1

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: Anyone Using The Following?

Originally posted by Larry Negro:

Matt Ragan Maximum Strength Accoustic Guitar

Jim Corrigan Nashville Hi-Strung Guitar
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Both of these are excellent. The Matt Ragan MSAG is a big steel-string Martin sound, lots of good articulations, a very complete library.

The Jim Corrigan NH-SG is a specialized library, specific to Nashville-style guitar tracking. \"High Strung\" guitar is a tracking methodology, where a guitar part is doubled on two differently-tuned (altered tuning, not detuned) guitars, and hard-panned to either side. Think \"Lyin\' Eyes\" by the Eagles. The whole concept behind high strung guitars is to leave a big hole in the mix for vocals while filling out a lot of chord information that doesn\'t overwhelm.

That\'s what I know...both good. Other great guitar sounds: Franky\'s vintage clean electrics and Kip\'s Bardstown Vintage Flattop. Also, the nylon sample that comes with Kontakt is to die for.

Best regards,

Very informative. I\'m trying to pick the freebees you get with the current Gigastudio promo, and this helps a lot. Thanks again

Don\'t know if you\'ve already chosen yet but I also highly recommend Matt\'s Maximum Strenght Guitar. I\'ve used it on several projects with great success everytime.

Lots of \"Oh my GOD, did YOU play that guitar??\"

Go Back to forum