• Register
  • Help

Topic: Accident Update # 2

Share/Bookmark

Accident Update # 2

Thanks for the words of encouragement earlier.

It is now approaching 8 weeks since my accident.
    Because of my ultra running physical condition (up to 50 miles a week of running) I am way ahead now with my rehab. I use crutches or a cane most of the time. When really tired or going long distances, I do opt for a wheelchair ride.
    I have to "budget" my energy and endurance each day - though that is improving too.
    It still is a roller coaster experience with the typical recovery ups and downs - but I think I take - most of the time - in stride. I also walk - implement free - for short distances as long as I don't start limping. My therapist wants me to do as much as I can - and I will!

Next Tuesday, Susie and I fly to Fairbanks, Alaska!
    Our middle daughter, Becky found the love of her life there last fall and they are getting married on May 24 at DENALI!

His parents cannot come, so it will be us, her best friend from SC and 2 or 3 others going to Denali for a private ceremony. We will document it better than National Geographic with stills and video! We will come back on 5/27 and then on June 3, fly to CA to see Orabelle, our fifth granddaughter.

Busy, busy and thrilled to still be here to enjoy all of this.
    Blessed among men.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Accident Update # 2

I'm glad to hear you doing so well. Regular exercise does make quite a diffence in how your body heals itself. I don't run 50 miles a week but I do have a daily exercise routine that begins with 800 crunches, 200 of those with 30 lbs on my chest and then lifting 15 & 5 lb dumbells until it really hurts. I also try to take a brisk walk for a hour or more in the morning or afternoon.

I've never experienced injuries as traumatic as yours but the lacerations I have experienced I've been told by the physician were healing quite well. I think it really comes down to maintaining good circulation and I'm sure yours is exceptional.

I also want to backpack in the Olympic Moutains and revisit the places my father took us on our week long adventures during my childhood now that I'm approaching retirement. Possibably even hike parts or all of the Pacific Crest Trail.

I'm sure that you will attain what I sense is your goal to once more enjoying the recreation of running.

Phil

Re: Accident Update # 2

Quote Originally Posted by indianamusic View Post
    Next Tuesday, Susie and I fly to Fairbanks, Alaska!
    Our middle daughter, Becky found the love of her life there last fall and they are getting married on May 24 at DENALI!
    Congratulations!!! Be careful, I don't know, but isn't it always slippery up there?

Raymond

Go Back to forum