• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Altered States vs. Atmosphere?

Share/Bookmark

Altered States vs. Atmosphere?

Anyone know how the following sound library compares to Spectrasonics Atmosphere?

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=763

Re: Altered States vs. Atmosphere?

I don\'t think this is available yet.....although I was quite surprised to see the reference to Atmosphere in their info....for a couple of reasons.

This info says that its using the Intakt engine, which is for loop-based products....not multisample based synths. Atmosphere is not loop based at all.

Also, Altered States is mostly based on previously available sample CDs. Atmosphere's core library is completely new (specifically developed for it and not from other libraries). I think this is like a bundling of a bunch of the Cuckooland and Altered States sample CD libraries. Not sure if there's any new material here or not.

Interesting to have all of these new things doing comparisons with Atmosphere....I'm flattered!

spectrum [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I\'m more interested in how this compares with Atmosphere (I have Atmosphere, wondering if I should get this too) -

Morphology
    http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?Articleid=787

You can pick up a lot more info on Morphology in this THREAD

Also, Morphology is now just starting to get reviewed in magazines - they are all highly commending it so far - the advice is basically that it will blow you away. But don\'t take my word for it!

Altered States will be released in May. This one is designed to blow everything else off the planet in the value-for-money and inspiration stakes. Old material? Well put it this way: if Spectrasonics combined 10 of their best libraries from the past with 1 GB of brand new material, built it all into one 5GB instrument, with all the loop content sliced, and everything automatically synced to your tracks, and offered it for $299, would it be a desirable product? All of the libraries that went into Altered States got fantastic reviews in the press when they were released individually in plain old audio format. In INTAKT format they are 10 times more powerful and flexible.

I\'d say: get both [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Ed Stratton:
    if Spectrasonics combined 10 of their best libraries from the past with 1 GB of brand new material, built it all into one 5GB instrument, with all the loop content sliced, and everything automatically synced to your tracks, and offered it for $299, would it be a desirable product?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Count me in! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyone know if Altered States has been released yet? Can't seem to find it in any shops - I thought it was released in May?

Cheers

ginge

I think they have pushed it back a bit, maybe the end of this month or start of next I hear.

I've been waiting for this one too!

Quote:
    Originally posted by Ed Stratton:
    if Spectrasonics combined 10 of their best libraries from the past with 1 GB of brand new material, built it all into one 5GB instrument, with all the loop content sliced, and everything automatically synced to your tracks, and offered it for $299, would it be a desirable product?

It sounds cool, but apples and oranges here. Atmosphere gives you 20 gigs of samples all of which can be combined with another (not layered) that essentially gives you close to a million possible presets out of the box for $329 (Guitar Center). True, it doesnt have "synch to host" but that's promised in a coming update.

There are a lot of great sounding synths out there and to each his own, but you can't go wrong with Atmosphere.

I have Atmosphere and Stylus - Can't wait for RMX (Will it really ship in Sept Eric?) but I think that Altered States is going to be a must have also.

Go Back to forum