• Register
  • Help

Topic: Questions for Nick Phoenix

Questions for Nick Phoenix

Is it possible to buy single discs of the Quantum Leap Brass library? I\'d really love to get the Tuba and Trombones disc, but I have little need for the rest of the library at this time.

Nick, can I buy individual discs? I can\'t afford the whole library right now with other expenditures.

Also...I wanted to ask about Akai to Giga tranfers. Thinking I was being smart (always a bad idea) I bought your Guitar and Bass library for the Akai last year. I use both Giga and Logic Audio on the Mac...with the EXS24. I figured I could just tranfer the same library to both platforms.

Well, neither tranfer did a very good job...especially the Giga tranfer. I get no layers whatsoever on the Giga.

At the end of the day, I should have just bought the Giga version, straight up. Anyway, now that I\'m stuck...is there a trick to tranferring these things properly? Or will the Guitar and Bass never be the same as if I bought the Giga version to begin with?

Do I need the Chicken systems utility? I bought one from them a while ago, but now I\'m on Windows XP and it doesn\'t work. I can\'t seem to download an update from their web-site.

Re: Questions for Nick Phoenix

You are talking about Quantum Leap Brass here right?

Yes Ed...sorry. I forgot to mention that this is QL Brass that I\'m referring. I edited the post.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Soundsonline sell a cutdown \'Prosamples\' version of QLB in AKAI format. I don\'t know whether it has Tuba or Troms though:

Prosamples QL Orchestral Brass disk has (in Akai format, easy conversion)

Tp Sus m looped
    Tp Sus f looped
    3 Tp sus looped

3 bone sus ff looped

Tuba sus looped

4 FH sus m looped
    4 FH sus f looped
    Big low stack

It is probably possible to get more layers or keyswitches from the m vs f sets, but it\'s not straight-forward (or it wasn\'t before the Editor tutorial was released...)

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I was aware of the prosamples series. I\'d prefer to buy a single disc of the Giga series, not the Akai. I don\'t really want looped sounds, and I\'m really after some of the brass growls and effects.

Go Back to forum