• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Opus 1: Space Suite - The Undiscovered Journey!

Share/Bookmark

Opus 1: Space Suite - The Undiscovered Journey!

Hi all,

I\'m a guitarist/musician/composer from Holland and I\'m 22. I began with music about 5/6 years ago when I picked up my first guitar. I became interested in composing and from rock/metal I also went to classical/soundtrack. My Space Suite is finished after about a half year work and ready for download at my site:

www.sidbarnhoorn.tk or else,
    http://sidbarn.magic-systems.net

Tell me what ya think...

Take care,
    -Sid.

Re: Opus 1: Space Suite - The Undiscovered Journey!

Hi Sid,

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined. I think you have made some pretty interesting music.

Spacey indeed! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I would use a tad less reverb and some gentle EQ over the mix. If you can, please repost in 192 mbit mp3, it will make a significant difference. But I already told ya [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If I can help you with running your mixes through some mastering plugins for brightening it up, please let me know. Or a nice spacey impulse from Numerical Sound?

Very promising stuff!

Take care,

Ah, thank you, Peter! I\'ll probably want your help with some of the mastering and EQing. But I\'ll address you on that on MSN...

Take care,
    -Sid.

Nice work Sid! Haunting at times... the titles of each movement are very appropriate.

Wonderful pieces, I am shocked you\'ve only been a musician for 5 years. I\'m impressed [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

This is really good! What is the librairy that you use to create theses?

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. I mainly use Project SAM Brass... they\'re really outstanding: www.projectsam.com

and for woodwinds I\'ve got Xsample and Westgate libraries. I used some MiroSlav strings and as for the percussion I used GTown and London Orchestral Percussion. You can buy most of the best libraries here: www.bestservice.de

Take care,
    -Sid.

Hi! this is really good - nice compositions!
    I at first think that you own OPUS 1 (by name of thread)

I like it, too. It\'s soft sounding, very relaxing.
    But you should watch your phrasing and mix.

Thanks guys!

Markus, can you tell me in more detail what you mean by phrasing and mix... I still need to better myself, so all critics, comments and/or suggestions are welcome!

I\'m currently busy with 2 soundtracks and I\'ve got ideas for a new suite. So there\'s more to come!

Take care,
    -Sid.

Go Back to forum