• Register
  • Help

Topic: Last Chance for Kontakt SISS at pre-release price!

Share/Bookmark

Last Chance for Kontakt SISS at pre-release price!

Sonic Implants is proud to announce the release of the Kontakt version of our Symphonic String Collection. The PC version started shipping this week and the Mac version will ship next week.

You can still order the Kontakt Strings at the special pre-release price of $849, but the price will be going up to $995 (same as our other formats) starting on Monday the 15th, so get your orders in now!

You can order at:

http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/purchase.asp

Details on our Strings, including demos, reviews, etc. can be found at:

http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/index.asp

Re: Last Chance for Kontakt SISS at pre-release price!

David,

I am curious, in your extensive tests, would you recommend using SISS with EXS24 or Kontakt on the Mac?

I would like to know based on both performance and programming functionality (ie. will Kontakt do more stuff than EXS24?

I would like to know which one is the best option for us Mac users.

Re: Last Chance for Kontakt SISS at pre-release price!

I would like to know based on both performance and programming functionality (ie. will Kontakt do more stuff than EXS24?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In terms of programming functionality, the two are the same.

To be honest, we did our Kontakt port on the PC and then brought it over to the Mac, so I can\'t comment much on performance issues.

I will, say however, that the current limitation for the EXS version is that the programs don\'t use the release samples. This will change once EMAGIC releases their update that adds the parameters we need to properly use the release samples. (If you are unfamiliar with this issue, just look for the messages on EXS strings in our support forum or this forum). I have been iunformed by EMAGIC that the engineer is currently working on this issue, so hopefully the update will be soon.

Regarding Kontakt, the only thing that I would caution about is that you really need to have a souped up computer, especially if you are going to use the disk streaming feature. You will want a very fast processor and tons of memory.

Go Back to forum