• Register
  • Help

Topic: Peter Erskine drums good for super mellow jazz?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Peter Erskine drums good for super mellow jazz?

Hi Sam [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

a while back I used the Erskine library for a MPI 290 Bosendofer demo:
    Reflections

The drums come from a loop of light brushes. I added some cymbal fills for realism.
    I also have a demo for the Scarbee Wurli that uses some Erskine loops but it gets a little heavier at times:
    The Fire Within

So far, I have really enjoyed the Erskine library but I am hoping for a newer library that would offer loops played by a great drummer and that would give us the flexibility of the latest drums libraries, with different mike positions etc...

I pre- ordered The Artists Grooves lib (looking forward to have Dennis Chambers in my home) and I hope that it will take jazz/fusion drum loops to the next level. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Peter Erskine drums good for super mellow jazz?

Looking for an inexpensive set of drum samples that would be good for mellow/intimate jazz/blues.. brush and/or light hits & cymbals. Any suggestions? How\'s the Sonic Implants brush kit?

I have both, and like them for the amount of money they cost. Erskine has loops as well as single hits that are worth checking out, too, especially for the snare swirls.

I think Sonic Implants have more velocity layers, but for soft stuff, I\'m not sure that makes much of a difference. I think I would go with Erskine, if I had to choose.

As I\'ve said before, and don\'t want to be a wet blanket, I think the Erskine is very well recorded and played, but there\'s just not enough if you want the loops. If you\'re going to do it yourself, it should work quite nicely, but there are not enough variations at any given tempo to make a comprehensive drum track just from the loops.

Dasher

Go Back to forum