• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Can we PLEASE get a Demo Forum?

Share/Bookmark

Can we PLEASE get a Demo Forum?

I love demos as much as the next guy...just not in here! Trying to sift through all this stuff is just nightmarish now, and it\'s getting worse. Every other post is demo this mockup that...we need a demo forum. And yes, I tend to exaggerate but that\'s just the drama queen in me. I\'m an actress in a composers body...deal with it...
    -Hudson

Re: Can we PLEASE get a Demo Forum?

Originally posted by Hudson:
    I love demos as much as the next guy...just not in here! Trying to sift through all this stuff is just nightmarish now, and it\'s getting worse. Every other post is demo this mockup that...we need a demo forum. And yes, I tend to exaggerate but that\'s just the drama queen in me. I\'m an actress in a composers body...deal with it...
    -Hudson
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">i agree with you, but in that case i think most people might not be too interested to go specifically to another forum to just check out the demos...

A demo forum isn\'t a bad idea. But this is after-all, a sample libraries discussion. Removing demos would be like not allowing photos to be posted in a digital camera discussion forum. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Tarkio. The concept of a demo forum is ok in theory but in practise I know I\'d rarely go there. Its thanks to some of the demos posted here in the SL forum that I\'ve made some recent decisions regarding which libraries to plum for so I think its finally more a help than a hinderance.

Maybe some sort of demo icon could be included that lets us see from the outset what it is without having to open the thread (not that many people don\'t already emphasise the fact in the thread titles). That way, people only interested in info and discussion can skip the demos they don\'t wish to hear. Just a thought.

howabout a SINGLE demo posting thread.

you make a link to an OT thread in the off topic section, in the one single demo post (that stays on the top).

I don´t understand what would be better with a demo forum. Isn´t it nice in this way???
    We post our demos and then discuss about the libraries used...there´s no need to separate oranges and apples , they´re all fruits [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] !!!

I just don\'t see how demos in a sample library discussion is OT?

Maybe what we really need is a separate, \"Composition and Theory\" forum that allows no demos. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I agree! Everyone here is a fruit! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Especially Hudson! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Maybe each demo posted can be prefaced with;

DEMO: [my cue]

Just like; OT: [blah, blah]

Then Hudson can sort through quicker. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was just commenting to a friend the other day, that one of the more interesting sources of original works I encounter these days consist of posts here. Most are pretty short, and many derivitive simply because the focus is on use of samples, not content, etc, but I also hear quite a few interesting ideas and things I really like. Keeps this place feeling like a community of musicians swapping thoughts and music equally. Not so much musiciany-feeling without the music posts, imho. I\'d rather they not be separated.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] mike

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast