• Register
  • Help

Topic: New W.E.P. Demo...

New W.E.P. Demo...

\"Blues For Thomas\"

Scarbee W.E.P. demo by Patrick De Caumette

Go to www.scarbee.com

Patrick says:

\"I used the wurli for comping, lead and the distorted line in the B section (sounds just like a guitar too ;-).

The bass is your Finger\'n\'Slap.

Sam Horns, Trombones and Trumpets.

Stylus for loops and percs. A little bit of Groove Agent for fills and the

guitars are done by your humble serviteur.\"

Re: New W.E.P. Demo...

hehe, nice demo Patrick, but I just listened to the other demos on the page and I LOVE The Fire Within. When it breaks out it\'s got real balls. Great stuff.

the drums are so outstanding one is practically sitting in the front row.
    This piece really cooks and your mix and performance is \"A\" Class in my book..

Alan Russell

Excellent demo! Everything sounds top-notch. Nice guitar work as well. I need to get W.E.P.

thank you so much, I feel honored that you enjoyed these tunes!
    This style of music is what I used to do before carpal tunnel stopped me from pursuing a promising performing career. No regrets though, I love writing and producing just as much (and I can squeeze in a few guitar tracks here and there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

thanks buddy, you are too kind. It looks like you like jazz AND fusion as well. That\'s great!
    When steared away from the watered down adult contemporary direction, fusion can be very exciting. Unfortunately, the trend lately hasn\'t been too popular...
    I always thought that incorporating world/ethnic elements into fusion would revive that scene. Who knows, maybe sometime in the future we might have a revival happening?

I\'d also like to take this opportunity to thank Thomas Scarbee for his great contribution to the world of samples. His instruments have covered a genre that is so dear to me and that enable composers to recreate an exciting area of modern music.

Now Thomas, how about a jazz trumpet ? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you so much Matt!

W.E.P. is really wonderful. You\'ll dig it.
    I found out that by inserting a distortion plugin you could can also make it sound like a pretty mean guitar (the distorted riff in the first B section of Blues for Thomas is the Wurli going through the UAD Nigel)

Take care

Go Back to forum