• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some cool demos... I think

Share/Bookmark

Some cool demos... I think

Here is one a new song I have written. I thought that it sounded great, not so much musically speaking, but the construction of it. ex. the processing, and reverb. I will be posting the other 3 movements sometime.

www.seanbeeson.com/inthethroneroomwiththejester.mp3

These songs are for a video game which is going to be freeware. For any of the pros out there, how long did you write freeware music before you started charging, or at least decide that a game that has 2-d pixels doesn\'t need music like this, or I could be wrong about the whole thing, I need to find a real job where my boss ins\'t a 14 year old [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Some cool demos... I think

Sounds good to me. What libraries did you use? Interactive compositions definitely have to have a little different structure to them since they need to be able to fold back on themselves. Good job!

Very nice composition Sean! Thank you for posting it. Very moody, melancholic and appropo to the subject matter.

Very nice changes and the brass sounds fine. I particularly loved the key change in 1:07 and the section building up to that. Wonderful!

Please know that the following are simply my opinions - opinions which you are more than welcome to disagree with. Most of the issues I have with this piece are a little more on the technical side and could perhaps be fixed relatively easily. The strings kind of bang on and off. It is particularly noticeable in the opening music statements and in other areas ( 0:01, 0:15, 0:40. 0:43 - please know that I too am working on this problem myself.) This unfortunately gives strings a more synthy sound which I don\'t think you\'re trying to go for here, especially for a really well-written piece like this.

I\'ve noticed a lot of folks recommending the use of CC#11 midi controller to taper on and off to give strings a more natural legato sound. Some actually purchase VSL for the performance elements and blend performance legato with dimuendo (sp?) for a more natural string sound.

All in all its a really well written piece. Congratulations!

All My Best,

...and your strong points are your compositional skills! Please keep posting as I was really impressed with your work.

I really liked the end of the glockenspiel section, this unison part of glockenspiel, pizzicati and ... Tuba? Weird sound, I love that!

Thanks for your comments, my weakest point is being albe to control the true dynamics of a piece. I am working on it.

Sean Beeson

Go Back to forum