• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EWQLSO Silver review on Traxmusic.org

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO Silver review on Traxmusic.org

Hiya,

Just to let you know there is a review of EWQLSO Silver on the Traxmusic.org website at:

http://www.traxmusic.org/reviews.shtml

(it\'s under \"Software Review\")

The actual article includes quite a few sound clips (scroll about half-way to find them, the header is \"The Sound of Silver\").

All the clips are raw (i.e no EQ, mastering) and most of them were played in one go and not quantized or adjusted in any way.

Cheers, [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rudi

Re: EWQLSO Silver review on Traxmusic.org

Is this your article? If so I liked it - its very helpful.

All My Best,

Blush! Yes, many thanks!

Rudi
    PS why is it that you proof-read something and the moment it\'s uploaded you notice a couple of typos... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Great thorough review. Thanks!

Originally posted by Rudi:
    Hiya,

Just to let you know there is a review of EWQLSO Silver on the Traxmusic.org website at:

http://www.traxmusic.org/reviews.shtml

(it\'s under \"Software Review\")

The actual article includes quite a few sound clips (scroll about half-way to find them, the header is \"The Sound of Silver\").

All the clips are raw (i.e no EQ, mastering) and most of them were played in one go and not quantized or adjusted in any way.

Cheers, [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rudi
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Rudi, nice review, just a few comments -

(1) Silver is OS-X compatible now.

(2) The EW KOMPAKT Player interface has identical features to NI\'s KOMPAKT Sampler, excluding the import menu as this is play only.

(3) You cannot import Silver into NI\'s Kompakt - only Kontakt (from V1.5), which will allow users to make their own programs, edit our programs, make key-switches etc.

(4) There will be a library update that will include more articulations and key-switching programs in the next few weeks.

(5) DFD has been significantly improved in the latest version of Kontakt 1.5.2 (particularly for MAC users) and NI is currently in the process of updating the players to include this latest engine. We expect all updates to be complete by the end of the month.

Thanks once again, we can\'t complain about 4/4!!

- Doug

Quite a few, but really wonderful demos! You don\'t know how much I cherish the T. Parks, Thomas J., etc. music from your site. They tell more than anybody has ever written about your library!

Doug,

Congratulations on the positive review! I read it yesterday and I must say that was one detailed review!

My only comment is that the demo clips were so drenched in reverb one couldn\'t hear the pureness of the tones anymore. Well, one could always go to EWS for the better demos so...

At any rate, your library deserves the good review and the high rating!

Originally posted by Nhick Ramiro Pacis:
    Doug,

Congratulations on the positive review! I read it yesterday and I must say that was one detailed review!

My only comment is that the demo clips were so drenched in reverb one couldn\'t hear the pureness of the tones anymore. Well, one could always go to EWS for the better demos so...

At any rate, your library deserves the good review and the high rating!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Nhick,

Actually, I didn\'t listen to the demos, however there a quite a few audio demos for \"Silver\" now at http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-161

- Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info - I\'ll correct the article accordingly. Good news about the updates BTW!

Nhick,

The demos were put together very quickly and unfortunately I\'m rather fond of lots of reverb. And of course I\'m nowhere near the league of Thomas J et al! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Rudi

Do I understand correctly that disk streaming support is available only after a seperate download?

Is this also true of the gold edition?

Go Back to forum