• Register
  • Help

Topic: VStack question

Share/Bookmark

VStack question

I can\'t find much info on VStack on the Steinberg site, can someone confirm how many midi inputs it supports?
    Also, how many midi inputs would be useful to run some of the bigger VSTi libraries.
    Thanks

Brian

Re: VStack question

I\'m pretty sure it supports as many midi ports as you have available. I have 2 interfaces on a V-stack machine and they both show up fine. I think you\'ll run out of RAM/system resources way before Midi ports. I would think 4 ports is a pretty good number to start. On a side note - I just bought Vstack (like $50 to download it from Steinberg) to run QL Gold and I have to admit I was expecting a nightmare from reading some of the stuff here. But, it runs great, installed without a hitch, and I\'ve got 6 instances of QL Gold running without one crash. Runs as solid as my Giga machines.

FWIW - Jeff

Re: VStack question

Originally posted by donimon:
    I\'m pretty sure it supports as many midi ports as you have available. I have 2 interfaces on a V-stack machine and they both show up fine. I think you\'ll run out of RAM/system resources way before Midi ports. I would think 4 ports is a pretty good number to start. On a side note - I just bought Vstack (like $50 to download it from Steinberg) to run QL Gold and I have to admit I was expecting a nightmare from reading some of the stuff here. But, it runs great, installed without a hitch, and I\'ve got 6 instances of QL Gold running without one crash. Runs as solid as my Giga machines.

FWIW - Jeff
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jeff,
    Thanks, that\'s exactly what I needed to know.

Brian

Go Back to forum