• Register
  • Help

Topic: PSA: Waves and 1.5.2 Kontact AU components conflict in Logic - with TDM/ESB only

Share/Bookmark

PSA: Waves and 1.5.2 Kontact AU components conflict in Logic - with TDM/ESB only

In case anyone is running Logic with TDM MIX hardware using ESB under Panther, you have to remove either the Waves or Kontakt 1.5.2 AU plug-ins (Library->Audio->Plug-ins->Components.

The two conflict and will shut down ESB. Don\'t know about earlier Kontakts.

Hope this saves someone from having to waste five hours tracking the problem down!

Re: PSA: Waves and 1.5.2 Kontact AU components conflict in Logic - with TDM/ESB only

It occurs to me that this *might* not be a problem if you have Waves authorized by an iLok instead of challenge/response. These happen to be the two programs I have on my Panther partition with C/R.

Anyway, despite my frustration, I don\'t really want to shout at the companies involved - the reason for my post is just in case anyone runs into the same problem and can\'t figure out why.

Re: PSA: Waves and 1.5.2 Kontact AU components conflict in Logic - with TDM/ESB only

Nick,
    Thanks much for the heads up.
    I was going to make the move to panther and therefore need to upgrade to kontakt 1.5 next week.

Personally I need my waves bundle more than I need kontakt.

Thanks for the post. You probably saved me some enormous headaches next week.

Well, you can still use the Waves bundle in TDM format (if you\'re using Pro Tools TDM). Core Audio still works - it\'s just the ESB bridge between the native and TDM mixers that breaks.

Go Back to forum