• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mach 5 stream yet?

Share/Bookmark

Mach 5 stream yet?

Does anyone know if Mach 5 streams yet? If not, are there any plans for this? Also, can halion run in DP under OS 9? Howabout OSX Jaguar, or panther?

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: Mach 5 stream yet?

Rick,

Nope not yet.
    Although streaming is promised in the near future.
    Personally I really like M5 a ton and I am hoping they get the streaming right on it.

But the long delays in releasing M5 in the first place. The long denials of any bugs when I asked about bug fix updates (although they recently did post incremental updates) ... this does not give me high expectations for M5\'s future streaming abilities.

But M5 is by far my favorite soft sampler to edit and play with so I have my fingers crossed.

Ed, how do you like the sample library that ships with Mach 5? I\'ve been considering purchasing it.

I don\'t think I can give you a good and fair assesment of the sounds that come with Mach 5.

I think the sounds that came with Kontakt and EXS II were totally lame. Same with Sampletank (which I gave up on awhile ago) . Same with M5.

It could be my expectations are just out of line with what is the current industry standard.

I see no reason why the included sounds should be anything less than say what yamahas motif es sounds like.
    But these soft samplers sounds are not even close imo.

But M5 is really really intuitive to use. Every just makes sense within a couple minutes. You can tweek everything really fast. For drum libs if you just click on a key it selects the sample and you can independantly edit the filter and ADSR for just that sample.
    EXS ..... nope.
    So many things about it just work for me.

But its included sounds only spent a day on my hard drive.

Hope that was good info for you.

ed

Originally posted by ed hamilton:

I see no reason why the included sounds should be anything less than say what yamahas motif es sounds like.
    But these soft samplers sounds are not even close imo.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">agreed, however I think Kompakt is a bit closer

Go Back to forum