• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga studio works best with Cakewalk 9.3 or Cubase 5.1?

Share/Bookmark

Giga studio works best with Cakewalk 9.3 or Cubase 5.1?

Hi All
    I am using Giga studio with Cakewalk 9.3 and it works so so.
    Ive never used Cubase before but have seen some really impressive reviews on the VST plug in synths and effects plug ins .
    [moog,ppg and mellotron]and Im wondering if I should take the leap and change over.
    Ive also read in order of stability the effect formats are as so,TDM being the most stable[I can\'t afford pro tools],VST being second [which Cubase uses] Direct X [which Cakewalk uses ]which was rated last in stability.The increased stability of effects could be a reason in it self to change over.
    Is Cubase considered very reliable with Giga studio?
    Thanks , Ken

Re: Giga studio works best with Cakewalk 9.3 or Cubase 5.1?

the grass is always greener......check the cubase forums....I hear about logic alot and am tempted too. Sometimes I find system stability has alot more to do with hardware than software....more ram more power...the Giga studio has in imho better reverb than anything i\'ve heard except maybe T.C. electronics @500.00 a pop....I tried the demo and was befuddled by the cubase interface my little brain has enough to do just sorting out the endless GiGa crashes
    buenas suerte\' amigo

I\'ve been using Cakewalk 9.03 with GigaStudio and with GigaSampler before that with very few problems. Most problems have been caused by an underpowered computer. The system has been working great since I upgraded it. I use mostly external effects as I prefer the sounds of them over the plugins I\'ve tried.

I too have been using Gigastudio 96 with Cakewalk 9.03 and have had great results. On two occasions I got a \'dropout\' the first time I played two really large songs in Cakewalk, but the second time I play them, everything is fine. Kinda weird, but it still works.

Been using Cakewalk 9.03 with Gigasampler with little or no problems. Cakewalk is a great sequencer. 9.X is also very underrated in terms of audio performance. Don\'t let the hype fool you. I almost fell for the hype in the past but after digging in and learning even more of the capabilities of this program, I am convinced that I don\'t need to change. Peace.

Thanks for the input everyone.
    When I said that giga studio and cakewalk work so so.
    I mean that Ive gone through the whole hair pulling intiation process ,replacing harware and software in my Pentuim 3 450 to get a fairly stable system .
    But even after that I get a ocational pop or cakewalk track freeze.
    One thing I want to mention.
    I have a friend that just bought the new 24 bit protools system and he paid around 50,000 for it .
    And Im thinking wow ,thats alot of money to spend to buy a system that does basically the same thing that my pentuim 3 450 with cakewalk,waves plug ins a 24 bit darla and SB live card.

His system consist of a Apple Mac G4-400mhz,with a elabate looking midi mixer with motorized faders,external apogee converters ,digital recording software and TDM effects plug ins .[he paid 12,000 for the apogee 16 channel 24 bit converters and they won\'t even do 96k ,only 48k]

You can buy a house with that much money . I hate to see what the system will be worth in a few years when all audio is 32 bit 196k and multichannel surround sound .
    My point of bring this up is that this is alot to spend for a system just to get stability .
    I can do without all the hardware of the protools system but what is the most impresive to me is that his protools software NEVER crashes.

For 50,000 dollars, his computer better never crash!

here in sillycon valley you can buy an outhouse for 50,000

Ken,
    You get what you pay for. Apoggee converters are hard to beat and Pro Tools is great software. I still contend that if you keep tweaking your system eventually it will work great for you. I went through nightmares with my system too but now a system crash is a rare thing and I can do whatever I want. Didn\'t cost $50,000 dollars either. I believe that with the tools you have you can create music as good as a Pro Tools setup or so near to it that the average consumer and most musicians won\'t be able to hear the difference. Eventually it comes down to the musicians and the engineer to work their magic. It\'s all about the music. Peace.

Hi Ken, cakewalk users,
    Happy holliday-season to all.

As for me, no doubt about Cakewalk-pro9.03, which can be easy to use and can do fairly well-done jobs, I guess.
    In case, we cakewalk-users are interested on \"the VST plug in synths and VST-effects plug-ins\" which also would be done by VST-to-directx converters. You might find something that useful for you, it\'s just worth a tried. See the link as follows: http://www.fxpansion.com/
    Have funs,
    Merry X-mas, guys
    A Cakewalk user
    LHong

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 12-23-2000).]

Go Back to forum