• Register
  • Help

Topic: Our Love Theme

Share/Bookmark

Our Love Theme

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/tara-and-richard

This is Tara and I's love theme. I just finished composing it today. I wanted this to express deeply on the love and precious moments we shared. It is a full string, solo cello, solo viola, and piano ensemble.

Libraries Used:
    - Violin Section (Vienna Appassionata Strings SE)
    - Viola Section (Vienna Appassionata Strings SE)
    - Cello Section (Vienna Appassionata Strings SE)
    - Bass Section (Vienna Appassionata Strings SE)
    - Solo Viola (Spitfire)
    - Solo Cello (Spitfire)
    - Emotional Piano (Soundiron)

Regards,

Richard

Re: Our Love Theme

Richard,

Once again, you voiced a deep emotion with fine music, probably not quite understood by outsiders. But we all know about your personal infelicity. It provided you inspiration for so many deep pieces and you had the courage to present them to a broad public. At the same time, you kept expressing yourself in honest phrases and melodies trying to make us feel what you went (and go) through. This makes music such a rich means of expression without words.

As to the piece itself, you know I'm not so fond of that large ambience and reverb (which probably the passionata strings demand) and about a string orchestra only playing chords, but you've made it up this time by using very nice and tender solo instruments. They do a great job here in transmitting your feelings.

Thanks for sharing your beloved theme again.

Max

Thanks Max,

I really appreciate your kind words and respect for the reasoning behind most of my music.

To be honest, I haven't tried using the Appassionata Strings without or little reverb yet. It seems my ears have adapted to like that kind of dreamy ambient atmosphere in which heavy reverb use is applied. I used a "Big Orchestra Hall" impulse with perfect space (comes with Sonar). My settings were -2.8 db dry and -5.3 db wet. I still have a lot of work to do with more dry pieces.

Thanks for listening to the composition.

Regards,

Richard

Oh my goodness, Richard, you just keep getting better and better. That string section sounds great, and your melody works perfectly with the arrangement. This is definitely going in my "favorites".

Thanks again for sharing this deeply personal work with us.

Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Thanks a lot for listening and for the nice comments, Owen.

I admit... I have fallen in love with the Vienna Appassionata Strings. I never thought anything would replace the Sonivox Expressivos, but the Appassionatas finally did it for me.

Regards,

Richard

Beautiful piece! I love the sad weeping sense it gives, and strong emotional impact.. Unlike most modern music, I love that this has a film-music like quality, with the melody flowing. Usually, you don't really more than that to evoke the feeling and I love what you have done here

Only thing I can recommend is to keep the wet reverb level the same, just raise the dry one if you can. I always set the dry reverb to the maximum, then fiddle around with how much wet reverb I want, usually the wet setting is at -2.5 dB.
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Thanks Brindle, for listening and your comments on the compositions. I am glad you enjoyed the piece. Thanks for the tips on reverb usage, it's an every composition struggle for me to find that right amount to use, lol.

Regards,

Richard

There is some fantastic movement in this. Your skill is definitely maturing! The blend you've managed between these libraries is exquisite.

Thanks a lot Dan. I appreciate the kind words. Composing is always a skill that is developing with me ! But I love it! Music is my way of expressing my emotions and painting the past.

EDIT: I added the video to the composition to the first post in this topic.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bendshadler View Post
    There is some fantastic movement in this. Your skill is definitely maturing! The blend you've managed between these libraries is exquisite.

Go Back to forum