• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Naked VSL oboe demo

Share/Bookmark

Naked VSL oboe demo

This \"demo forum\" thread brought me to the idea to post here an oboe piece which I already posted recently quite succesfully on the VSL forum. It was successful because of my use of articulations, phrasing and adding breaths for increased reality. And of course because of the quality of the library.

http://www.audionomio.de/mp3/HoboSolo_Mix1.mp3

Hope you enjoy it. It was my first thing I did with Opus1 to get to know the articulations and its habits. I´m very pleased with the result.
    (And I´m not getting paid by VSL [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Bests,
    - Mathis

Re: Naked VSL oboe demo

Yes , It´s very realistic!!!

That\'s a great oboe sound!

Nice work getting the realistic sound of its possibilities...

Extremely effective and most wallet-reaching!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Very realistic but not particularly beautiful. But nice use of articulations to get a real sound
    KR

Am I dreaming, or do I hear breathing? Please explain... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Am I dreaming, or do I hear breathing? Please explain... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ned... READ HIS POST! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Still waiting for a nice oboe sound from VSL... If you could capture the quality of the Miroslav oboe tone (English horn as well) with the VSL legato ability, that\'d be quite incredible.

Cool. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did you use a breath/wind controller as well?

I too didn\'t know that VSL included intakes of breath ... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] very realistic! I \'m thinking you sampled and cut those in?

Everyone else is so polite ... sorry! IMHO it\'s kind of a clunky melodic line. As an internal part in an ensemble, that would explain it ... but as a solo piece it\'s a bit rudimentary, isn\'t it? Articulations are nice though.

No offence meant, but unless we get truth and (constructive!) critical feedback it\'s hard to make progress. I\'d like it better if it was more lyrical but that\'s just my personal opinion.

Originally posted by cascade:

Everyone else is so polite ... sorry! IMHO it\'s kind of a clunky melodic line. As an internal part in an ensemble, that would explain it ... but as a solo piece it\'s a bit rudimentary, isn\'t it? Articulations are nice though.

No offence meant, but unless we get truth and (constructive!) critical feedback it\'s hard to make progress. I\'d like it better if it was more lyrical but that\'s just my personal opinion.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why are you moaning about the composition so much. It\'s a sample discussion board! This demo demonstrates the articulations found in Opus 1 and does a good job at it.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast