• Register
  • Help

Topic: best orchestral samples for gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

best orchestral samples for gigastudio

Hi there. Just wondered what opinions were on the best orchestral samples are for gigastudio.
    Listened to some Project SAM demos and they sound good!
    Also Does anyone know when GS3 comes out in the UK?
    Thanks

Re: best orchestral samples for gigastudio

Hi Guys. Ok sorry to be a pain but I have just done what I should have done in the first place and actually used the search function. Some good replies in there regarding samples used etc...
    Don\'t wanna get anyone\'s back up by asking the age old question again. Especially as this is such a good forum.

Originally posted by andyf:
    Hi there. Just wondered what opinions were on the best orchestral samples are for gigastudio.
    Listened to some Project SAM demos and they sound good!
    Also Does anyone know when GS3 comes out in the UK?
    Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello Andyf

Coincidentally, I spent 3 hours at Time & Space today, being very well looked after. I was there going through SAM Horns, Trombones and Trumpets on Giga. Very impressive I thought. I have VSL and would say that makes a great orchestral base, but I know a lot of the guys are going to mix that with EWQSL Gold or Plat, including myself.
    One of the key issues with VSL, apart from the sounds, is the Performance Tool i.e. Legato etc. Not inexpensive as I\'m sure you\'re already aware, but thats life.
    Time & Space mentioned to me today that they were not aware of the time GS3 will appear. Why don\'t you give them a call and check out VSL for a demo on Giga 2.5. They are based in the county next door to you. Short trip across country.

The Best Orchestral Samples for GigaStudio?.....
    I\'d have to say \"The Vienna Symphonic Library\".
    http://www.vsl.co.at/

Go Back to forum