• Register
  • Help

Topic: Programmer's question...

Programmer\'s question...

I\'m trying to figure out a way to create a crossfade between 3 layers of samples instead of 2 or 4. Is it possible at all or do I have to mix a layer of silence (and thus spend another 2 voices on nothing?)

Please enlighten me.

Re: Programmer\'s question...

I would have thought somebody would have replied, considering your generousity on this forum. I haven\'t figured this out either.

well I repliedto TJ in MIRC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

itsimpossible tobuild three layer instruments you have to map a layer twice and then \"mute\" it, or assign silent samples to the fourth layer.

another way to do it is to make one 2 layer instrument and one single layer and either port layer in Giga, or map to two cahnnels and use some sort of smart MIDI routing to trigger both channels (logic/building blocks)

Hehe Craig, I did talk to King about this, like he just said in his post, and apparently there is no \"easy\" solution to this. Lets hope GigaStudio 3.0 will support odd-numbered programming facilities; it operates in bits, meaning whereever you have a choice of numbers (be it amount of velocity splits, dimensions, or in this case: layers) you only have the choice between 1,2,4,8,16,32. Annoying, but I guess we\'ll just have to live with it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys.

Go Back to forum