• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Are the percussion samples big enough?

Share/Bookmark

Are the percussion samples big enough?

Since no one still havent sampled percussion with a natural hall i decided to try to make my own. Me, a bunch of percussion, 2 mics and a laptop in a church. TJ made the programming and theres a few fast demos from TJ and Simon. Use them if you like them

/Tobias

http://62.13.11.115/gtown/

Re: Are the percussion samples big enough?

Thanks a lot! These are great. I particularly like the power of the toms, and the prepared piano which includes scary \'Here the bad guy steps out of the closet\' kind of horror effects I am sure this will all be very useful, and they also sound more \'dirty\' and, dare I say real? than the professional libraries. Maybe due to the distance - I\'d love to see percussion recorded much further away than LOP and UOP for example...

cool) I will resample the toms tomorrow if the church is open.. i had alot of distortion on the hardest hits so i have to do it again but its not a big deal.. i was surprised it was so easy Btw, the mics are places 10-12 meters from the sorce.

/Tobias

OMG! How can I thank you guys enough?! I just closed my sequencer because I didn´t have the percussion samples I needed to finish a project I´m working on, and the deadline is tomorrow... You saved my day!
    Sharing these samples was an incredibly noble thing to do. I´m in your debt!

Tob has done a great job here, and sampled some really nice percussion in a great ambient hall (a church to be exact), and the result is great. Make sure you don\'t miss up on these, especially since they are free! I think a lot of people are missing this kind of big sounding percussion, so enjoy Tob\'s G-town Percussion and stay tuned for more stuff coming your way.

For people wondering how the programming is layed out:

Toms: B3-C4 = Small tom (left/right hits - 8 velocities each)
    E4-F4 = Large tom (left/right hits - 8 velocities each)
    B2-C3 = Small tom (panned left)
    E3-F3 = Large tom (panned right)

(mix these toms for a wider stereo image, usually heard in hollywood toms)

Snares: C3-Gb3 = Snare flams
    C4-D4 = Left/right hits (8 vel)
    Gb4-B4 = Rolls
    C5-D5 = Left/right hits (panned left)
    E5-F5 = Left/right hits (panned right)

Tambourine: various hits spanning across the keyboard.

A big thanks to Tob for these samples!

Thomas

Thank you Tob <repeat 256 times>

Dasher

Hey, is anyone up to the challenge of some nicely recorded Congas and Bongos? Thomas, you did an excellent job with the one bongo, but I mean hi and low bongos and congas. Not so closely miced either. I\'d like to do some action sequences with ripping fast and powerful congas.

Thank You way too much. All of these gigs will come in handy, I have no doubt!

Absolutely fantastic, Tob. You truly rock the house.

Pleases me that you like it!!!

A_Sapp: I did record some bongos and i just about now sent them to TJ.. lets see if he makes us a gig of it. Im not that handy with gigaeditor since i allmost only use halion.

/Tobias

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast