• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SI strings "Minority Report" demo

Share/Bookmark

SI strings "Minority Report" demo

For anyone interested in hearing some more of SI strings, I mocked up some of the string part of the main theme to \"Minority Report\".
    Hope ya like! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://damonbbradley.tripod.com/damonbradley/

Re: SI strings "Minority Report" demo

Very cool! There are probably not a lot of people here who knows the original, but this is pretty good

Sounds fantastic...SI really sounds nice and warm!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Great job!!
    JPS

Thanks for listening guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Glad ya liked it. Now....if only I could write original stuff like that (LOL!!) The more I hear Williams, the more fecking amazed I am by his brilliance.

Good job, Damon. Dang, those SI strings sound good; the tone is the most realistic and has the most character of the 3 big libraries to my ear. I\'ve waited and hesitated until I\'ve heard enough, but now, you\'ve finalized my decision to go with SI. Really awesome sampling from SI and good job on the sequencing.

Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin

Superfluous post. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey Damon,

That sounds really nice! It seems as if the new SI library has sweeter sounds than Garritan, for some reason? You have both of them, what do you think?

Also, how the heck have you trained your ear to recreate these string pieces without even being able to read music? Very impressive, cool stuff... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ruben

Hey MrArkadine and Mahlon,

I love SI and GOS [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Both libraries have their strengths and weaknesses as with all libraries. The looped violin detaches are great on GOS and the espressivos are great on SI for sustains. It\'s kinda hard to say which one is better. Both are being used right now.

As for my ear, I\'ve luckily always had pretty good ones but I could have probably done this demo alot quicker if I knew how to read notes and had the sheet music. I just played the CD and paused it at sections and picked out the parts.
    Thanks for the nice feedback [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Damon:
    For anyone interested in hearing some more of SI strings, I mocked up some of the string part of the main theme to \"Minority Report\".
    Hope ya like! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://damonbbradley.tripod.com/damonbradley/
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Damon, beautiful work as always.

Let me ask you...in the opening phrases of this excerpt, I hear a lot of expression in the lines...are you doing this only with minute volume changes or does this library have something similar to Gary\'s in that the mod wheel changes samples dynamically? I found that very expressive. Going between two notes back and forth as in the intro is usually asking for a sample library to scream \"FAKE\" and this didn\'t. Very impressive.

Originally posted by Damon:
    As for my ear, I\'ve luckily always had pretty good ones but I could have probably done this demo alot quicker if I knew how to read notes and had the sheet music.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The sheet music is not out in any case, and not being able to read notes is not that bad. Your ears are the most important. I\'m hardly a speed reader either, but I manage! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum