• Register
  • Help

Topic: SI "Remembrances" demo

SI "Remembrances" demo

ok, it\'s back up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: SI "Remembrances" demo

Very cool! It looks like we have a rash of John Williams library shootouts.
    Be sure to check out a GOS variation of this music at www.davidgovett.com in the demo page. (the solo violin is miroslav, harp and strings by Garritan)
    Keep up the good work

Hey thanks for listening Dave! You must have caught the old demo as I was changing it (lol)

Your GOS demo is very impressive. I would love to do more of the song but without being able to read sheet music, I think I would be quite off with just going by my ear.

Anyhow, the demo is up thanks to Simon [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . My site is screwed up as usual. The strings from SI used are the 1st vln legatos, 2nd vln espressivos, and viola legatos. Harp is Xsample.

Hope ya like it!

wow these really sound nice...
    nice to be able to almost AB them with Dave\'s GOS version....

Vintaudio Prod.

Thanks for listening Franky [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I might try and tackle some more of the song, but it\'s gonna be a toughy. Williams has some pretty amazing things going on once the celli kick in.
    I\'ve got to say Schindlers List really has some of the most beautiful cues I\'ve ever heard.

So Damon, you did it! You went and bought SI as well! Those violins sound pretty good. Have you tried the same piece with GOS? That would be an interesting comparison (both versions by you).

I agree that Schindler\'s List has some of the most beautiful music I\'ve heard in a film. Truly moving music.

Well done again. I look forward to the comparison (hint hint!).

Yo Chris!

Good to hear from you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for listening. Actually I might combine GOS with SI and see what happens. Have you heard Daves \"Remembrance\" GOS demo? It\'s up at Garys site. Really nice arrangement.

I guess you have your hands full with the little ones? (lol) Give my love to the kids and Hiroko.

Hey again Damon,

Yes, been busy with the new family addition and writing/producing pop music, so no time to play around on orchestral stuff at the moment. I did hear Dave\'s arrangement which was pretty good, but trying to do solo violin on something like Schindler is always going to be tricky.

That\'s why I\'d like to hear a GOS version of the Ensemble part that you\'ve done, just to hear the difference in sound between the 2 libraries.

Take care and give my best to Heather & the cats!

Go Back to forum