• Register
  • Help

Topic: BIGGA GIGA HORNS!

Share/Bookmark

BIGGA GIGA HORNS!

Ya know, when I bought Gigastudio I never did check out all the free demos that came with it, but Bigga Gigga horns were in there. I tried out the free patch, AND HOLY CRAP!!! Those are superb! Even though it was one velocity, (cause it was a demo) it was very usable and had nice attacks to it. Are they all solo horns, or ensembles? I was messing with the french horn 1 patch, and man, I was blown away. Are all the instruments like this? The demos on the website really REALLY don\'t do it justice it seems. Even though Maarten and Simon did some nice demos, they didn\'t show the power these seem to be able to create! Well done! I\'m wondering, are all of them solo horns or ensemble presets? If they are solo, they could greatly compliment Maartens new Sam Horns since the solo horn is an \"extra,\" in the package. Well done to Bigga Gigga!

Re: BIGGA GIGA HORNS!

hmmm

Are you sure that wasnt the horn from the now Defunct jingee\'s Horns from Biggga Gigga a while ago?

If they are then thers bad news in store for ya. Lets jsut say they aren\'t available anymore....

but you can still get the horns. Just buy Advanced orchestra.

Well, it said Bigga Giggas French Horn. I\'m assuming that\'s from the BOB collection.

as far as I know it\'s not from the BOB, it\'s AO horn mixed with some other stuff....
    It doesn\'t sound like a solo horn, does it?

Alex

I\'m certain that some of you knows about the \"Jinjee debacle\" we had a couple of years ago.

Bigga Giggas produces sample-cd\'s, but we also co-work with some 3:rd party producers.
    All people we work with signs an agreement where they guarantee that the work that they have, are their own and that it doesn\'t infringe with any copyrights.
    We also try to have a personal relation with all people we work with, or, as personal you can get with people scattered all over the globe....

One of those producers made a couple of CD\'s a couple of years ago called \"Jinjee\'s Strings\" and \"Jinjee\'s Brass\".
    One member of this forum pointed out that the samples on Jijnee\'s CD\'s wasn\'t original, and after a couple of \"hot\" hours, where I actually defended Jijnee, I got a call from Jijnee where he admitted to have included stuff on his collection that wasn\'t his.

We immideatly ended all relations with Jinjee, removed those titles from our catalog and started calling distributors telling them what had happened. We also went public with everything we did, contacted the lawfully owners of the samples and tried to sort things out.

I was pretty convinced at that time that this was the end of Bigga Giggas, but I\'m happy to say that it wasn\'t!
    Anyway, the demo-cd made by Nemesys does contain a Horn Patch from just that CD. The demo-cd are quite old, and was made when everybody still thought that Jinjee\'s stuff was 100% kosher.

Ok, bottom line:
    As we actually wanted to present a free French Horn from what we then thought was our Brass-cd, I want to do the same with the one that we have today, (which I\'ve recorded myself......). I\'m in the process of uploading it right now and I\'ll give you the URL in a short while.
    It\'s a full version of the French Horn patch A from BoB, no samples removed, no \"beeped\" version.

Unpacked it\'s about 90 Mb so it\'s packed in 5Mb chunks to make downloading more easy.

Personally, I think that this French Horn are MUCH better then the one on Jinjee\'s CD.

I\'ll let you know when the lilnks are up (in an hour or so...). Get it, and let me know what you think!

Ack, well, I may be wrong than. Anyhow, they sound pretty great to me. I\'m interested in that upload worra, please email me right away when you get it uploaded! Thanks. Emails right below. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Worra,

Feel like sharing the horn with anybody else? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Seiter:
    Worra,

Feel like sharing the horn with anybody else? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chad
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hmmm.... didn\'t you see the posting I made... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well, a bit of redundancy never hurts:

As I promised I would make a demo of our French Horn available. You can now get it from Worra\'s Place.
    It\'s a full version of the \"normal\" multivelocity French Horn. On the complete CD there\'s of course more material. You can check out the complete collection at Bigga Giggas.

Go Back to forum