• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about upgrading

Question about upgrading

Forgive me for asking here but I can\'t find the info anywhere else. I just received my Cubase SL 2.0 upgrade from Steinberg and am ready to install it. (Just to be clear I\'m upgrading from Cubease SL to Cubase 2.0) I just want to know if this will effect the VSTs I have currently installed. I use Gold, Silver, Atmosphere, X-Phrase, Halion, and FM-Heaven. Is it as simple as copying the VST folder from Cubase SL to the new Cubase SL 2.0 or do I have to go through an entire reinstall for all of the above mentioned VSTs and then will I have licensing issues? Oh technology, I love it so!

Thanks for any help,

Re: Question about upgrading

Anybody? Please?

Bueller? Bueller?

Nobody\'s done this?...

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You should be able to copy the new plug-ins into the new folder without reauthorizing anything.

Generally, auths are on your main hard drive (in a place where you\'re not suposed to be able to copy them).

I did it! Only a few glitches along the way. Like it saw Gold but did not see Silver even though it asked if I wanted to transfer all VSTs. It was pretty darn easy actually and now I am enjoying the Hypersonic demo that comes with the upgrade. Steinberg has a customer for life here. Great product at affordable prices. My birthdays coming up. Hypersonic, Stormdrum or Etnoworld2? Hmmm?

Go Back to forum