• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: If I have all this.... can anything be gained from having EWQLSO?

Share/Bookmark

If I have all this.... can anything be gained from having EWQLSO?

VSL
    Project Sam
    SISS
    Garritan

Would it be worth the money to get EWQLSO platinum, gold or silver?

Re: If I have all this.... can anything be gained from having EWQLSO?

VSL - what you mean - 1st, 2nd? Performance set from 1st ? 2nd?

I think that GOLD could be usefull for you in many cases.

The whole Pro. Ed + varrious Horrizon

OH MY GOD... that must cost lots of money...
    Just asking - what is the reason of buying \"CUBE\"? The main thing is the Legato tool, repetitions an that stuff -which is included in Perf. set. so you have CUBE and PERF. set - but what is in CUBE that you really use - percussions?

Still - I think that Gold will be usefull.

Well, since the samples from the cube and perf. ed come from the same soundset/instrument you can mix the articulations to get better realism.. thus using legato for some lines, and then other articulations for other lines.

oh yes, but I still think that Perf. set is enough - especialy if you have great libraries like SISS and GOS. But it that seems money are not your problem [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I think the Cube is invaluable, for exactly the reason Patriarch mentions. VSL wouldn\'t be half as effective without it. The performance elements are a very important part of VSL, of course, but the heart of the library is \"the cube.\" That\'s where all the layers, various note lengths, various embouchure settings, instrument effects, etc. are found.

Bruce - yeah, but those \"other elements\" could be replaced by other libraries - the unique thing on VSL is legato tool. It is the main benefit of VSL.Unique -which no other library can offer.

Hi Patriarch,

I would say that since you have those choices, Silver would be out of the equation IMHO. Why not approach this question from a different angle?

Ask this question of yourself: What sound am I missing? Do I find that I am not getting the sound that I want with the current toolset that I have?

I love the EWQLSO sound and love its ease in regards to mixing. It sounds great right out of the box. With Platinum, you can get by without any reverb (you\'ll still need it for VSL, SISS, etc.) and very little, if any, EQ. But contemplating getting the Platinum set without having a real need seems (to me) to be a little backwards. QLSO does have a different sound from those other libraries and, so, you may want to get it simply for that sound. Since you already have some great libraries, Gold might be more useful to you at the moment. You can always upgrade to Platinum if you like the sound that much and want the extra mix positions.

HTH,
    FV

Hi Patriarch, I`Ve got all the Libs. u mentioned(minus garritan) as well as Platinum and I find myself reaching for it More often than not. 2 reasons: 1)Instantly superb \"realistic\" sound and 2)ease of use . I find VSL alot more work to get sounding \"right sonicly\" (Esp.the strings). And the convienence of the Kompakt/Kontakt VSTi engine makes it amazingly quick to work with. Also Doug and Nick have more than proved there commitment to QLSO with frequent updates and QLSO 2!! being recorded this summer! Articualation wise, I`m not sure what MORE your looking for. than all the Libs. u currently have....Like i said before i have about the same setup as u but i keep coming back and being really impressed with QLSO. Does that answer help? Rich

Go Back to forum