• Register
  • Help

Topic: Live

Share/Bookmark

Live

This may be a foolish question, but, is anyone out there using, EWSL, VSL, GPO. etc live? I\'m trying to determine whether any or all of these products can be used in a live theatre/music performance with one or more keyboard players trigger one more PC\'S in real time. No sequencing. Patch and volume changes.

Re: Live

Originally posted by Kleven:
    This may be a foolish question, but, is anyone out there using, EWSL, VSL, GPO. etc live? I\'m trying to determine whether any or all of these products can be used in a live theatre/music performance with one or more keyboard players trigger one more PC\'S in real time. No sequencing. Patch and volume changes.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kleven,

GPO is currently being used in live productions. Some are using laptops to play GPO in real-time. Of course, only one instrument can be played at a time by one player in a live performance. Plans are underway for live GPO ensemble performances with multiple players.

Gary Garritan

Kleven, we were wondering about this same question.

Garry, I noticed that GPO is being used by dance companies, notably for the Nutcracker. I work for a dance company so I\'m thinking that\'s got to be a valuable market! Great to hear you\'re developing a multi-player concept.

But I was also wondering if anyone has the nerve and portable computing power to perform with other libraries in real time ... in theory you could shape the orchestral sound and respond to actors, singers or dancers, or scoring a silent movie ... Even if it was sequenced you could alter tempo, dynamics, balance between sections ...

But my studio setup with multiple librairies is way too crash-happy at this point! So we were wondering about GPO or maybe EWQL Gold.

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Kleven, we were wondering about this same question.

Garry, I noticed that GPO is being used by dance companies, notably for the Nutcracker. I work for a dance company so I\'m thinking that\'s got to be a valuable market! Great to hear you\'re developing a multi-player concept.

But I was also wondering if anyone has the nerve and portable computing power to perform with other libraries in real time ... in theory you could shape the orchestral sound and respond to actors, singers or dancers, or scoring a silent movie ... Even if it was sequenced you could alter tempo, dynamics, balance between sections ...

But my studio setup with multiple librairies is way too crash-happy at this point! So we were wondering about GPO or maybe EWQL Gold.

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Go Back to forum