• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Symphonic Library PROOF and PICTURES

Vienna Symphonic Library PROOF and PICTURES

Hello gentlemen,

I just came across a webpage for a company that is involved
    in the soundstage design for the future Vienna Symphonic Library.
    There are also pictures of what appears to be the custom soundstage
    mentioned before as being developed for the sampling of this library.
    This is from what I get from the German text, and I don\'t know much German.
    This soundstage reminds me of the Sydney Opera House (meaning strange geometry
    that purports to enhance the acoustics). Kind of cool actually!

Here\'s the page:

It would be nice if some of our German/Swiss/Austrian friends could
    translate the information exposed in this page. Automated translators suck!
    I go must in great time internet now spending this day [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Vienna Symphonic Library PROOF and PICTURES

Thanks for sharing! A translation would indeed be interesting.

Guys, try this link:

http://translate. google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knauf.at%2Freferenz%2 Ftonstudio.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Some great nonsense coming out as well [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

or, check \"Translation tools\" on the www.google.com main page.

ROFL I should delete that link, but it is actually sooo funny.

\"Beschwingter area without borders\"

I\'m choking.... arf arf arf [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Yoda Technologies, Inc. proudly presents, \"Translator v1.2\" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

LOL that translation made my day!!

Vienna Symphonic LIBRARY silent of steam turbine and gas turbine systems
    Gildenweg 12

Here the translation:

\"In Ebreichsdorf, south of Vienna, a sound studio of excellence was establihed. In the recording studio (hall) created for the VIENNA SUMPHONIC LIBRARY, the common limits to existing sound studios will be surpassed in regards of architecture and physics.

Quote: \"The EYE brings man into the world, the EAR brings the world into mankind\".

\"According to above quote, the project VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY SILENT STAGE is considered to be a revolutionary realization of a method which includes technological as well as artistic aspects.

The use of microphone technology is common practice for orchestra recordings but has inevitable disadvantages which can not be eliminated during traditional recordings.

Those imperfections are not that pronouced while recording whole orchestras but they are very
    prominent when sampling a single instrument since total different phisical factors will prevail in this case.

To capture the sound of a whole orchestra, it is necessary to catch all single instruments with
    with a special recording technique. This implies such a high amplification of the analog signal (60-70 dB), that ambient noise (traffic noise, basic noise level etc) are usually not a noticable factor, but in this case they are virulent.

The establishment of an own studio complex ( 2 rooms directing rooms and 1 recording room)
    offer the best solution for the new technology and are also an adequate strategy for a financial profitable solution.

The company team is responsible for the concept and design of the new studio complex in Vienna and the VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY. The first recording was February 2nd, 2002.

The exhiliarated room without limits.

The drywall contractor Johann Loeffler from Purgstall had 4.5 weeks to realize the extarardinary project.\"

End of translation.

The text now goes on and on into explaing about details of how the studio is constructed. This is a short summary of the major points:

-Mineral wool integrated in dry walls to improve acoustic characteristics.
    -Ceilings are special wood construction
    -Recording Studio is built with acoustic optimum performance. No unwanted reflections and
    no disturbing noise.

The pictures on the web site show the design of the recording studio. The main concern are good acoustics, desirable resonance, no unneded refelctions and no disturbing noise.

Hope that helps

Thanks! Very, very, very interesting.

Yoda Technologies, Inc...HAHAHAHA. The translator doesn\'t make any sense, but it sure is fun, isn\'t it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very interesting and informative thread indeed.

Thanks, Maestro! It\'s appreciated!

Go Back to forum