• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First demos

First demos

these are my first demos using GS. I would like some feedback, deadly critism, etc.

Memory (1750 kB)

Fight (1368 kB)

Re: First demos

It says forbidden when I try to download...

Right-click and \"save as\".

The new links work ok. The others were forbidden rather than 404s so I guess it was something to do with my ISP.

My advice for your tracks are you need to work on the attacks and decays of notes - especially with the strings and the choir.

The Flight piece is sufffering from the classic machine gun effect which can be solved my making the repeating notes different - I don\'t mean different musical notes, I mean the character has to change on each one so that the exact same note is not repeating again and again.

Nice tracks though, I like memory particularly. The oboe that comes in is nice. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by PetN:
    these are my first demos using GS. I would like some feedback, deadly critism, etc.

Memory (1750 kB)

Fight (1368 kB)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi PetN,

Compositionally, your music, specially Memory, is very nice. Like Hasen said, that oboe coming in in the second part is really good.

Memory, in the first part (voices specially) sounds much less realistic than the second part. Like Hasen said, the dynamics of each note, specially fast passages, need to be polished to remove the synthetic effect. The second part of Memory is way better than the first as far as realism goes, maybe because different instruments are used, or maybe because you learn very fast [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For first demos they are great regardless, and show a lot of potential!

Keep sharing,

Yeah... compositionally fine, but severely lacking on the technical/editing side. Of course, they\'re your first two demos so that\'s completely to be expected.

Mind listing which libraries you used? How about reverb? EQ? It\'d be a ton easier to give suggestions after knowing what you worked with.

Keep at it. Never stop posting your demos here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That doesn\'t make any difference - they\'re not there...

Well, they both work for me. *shrug*

Hasen: Strange.. I\'ve upload them to another location also, you can try it from here: 1. 2.

Thanks all for the comments.

Rooftop: Sure, I\'d appreciate any suggestions, strings are: Fight - Kirk Hunter, Memory - mostly Roland String Sections, choir is SOV and VOTA, oboe is Vitous, guitar is E-mu Soundset.. Reverb is an cheap Zoom unit, no EQing, etc., used.

Go Back to forum