• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha AN1X, a good controller? (OT)

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha AN1X, a good controller? (OT)

Hi,

I have the chance of getting a Yamaha AN1X from a friend at a good price,
    and I was wondering how good of a MIDI controller it makes.
    It would be substituting my Yamaha DX-7 II as the main controller.

Thanks!

Ruben

Re: Yamaha AN1X, a good controller? (OT)

First of all, it\'s a heck of a synth. As for master keyboard capabilities, I think it lacks some sliders. It only has knobs.

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    First of all, it\'s a heck of a synth. As for master keyboard capabilities, I think it lacks some sliders. It only has knobs.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Simon,

That was quick. WOW! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I know it\'s a good synth, I\'ve heard very nice pads in a website with demos some time ago. And very powerful analog-like drones!
    I\'m more interested for now about the keyboard action itself, since I have not had the chance of playing it yet. How does it respond in real life playing with orchestral samples?
    Regarding the lack of sliders...I\'ll probably deal with that in the future. It\'s just that I can get this AN1X for less than what I can probably sell the DX-7 II in eBay. So... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Also, do you use the ribbon controller with GigaStudio? Is it of any use, or just a gimmick?

Thanks again,

Ruben

The keyboard action seems OK to me. The aftertouch kicks in very easily though, you just have to hit a key hard!! The ribbon controller is great for synth stuff. I dunno if I\'d use it in GS, I haven\'t tried. I use a Roland XP-50 for master keyboard.

Simon,

Thanks for the info. I will probably have a chance to play that thing with GigaStudio next weekend, so if it doesn\'t act bad, I will get it and sell my DX-7 II.

Take care,

Ruben

I\'d like to talk to you about that DX7II before you put it on Ebay, Ruben.. let\'s email

Originally posted by Ed Lima:
    I\'d like to talk to you about that DX7II before you put it on Ebay, Ruben.. let\'s email
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Email sent, Ed.

Go Back to forum