• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VOTA2 plus QLB for $500!!! (Sale ends today)

Share/Bookmark

VOTA2 plus QLB for $500!!! (Sale ends today)

Hello,

I just thought I\'d let you guys know that Soundsonline.com (East West)
    is having a huge sale on all Giga titles (Enter the promotional code GIGASALE on checkout).
    30% to 50% on all Giga titles.
    For example, AO complete set for less than $600.
    Also, they have some special giga bundles, for example
    QLB plus VOTA2 for less than $500 USD. Plus free shipping on orders
    over $150.
    THIS SALE ENDS TOMORROW!

I know there\'s always much talks about the exhorbitant price of giga libraries,
    so I think this is a good occassion to get a hefty discount (More than 50% in the
    case of the QLB plus VOTA2 bundle). Thank God for the end of the fiscal year! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just thought I\'d pass this information to you guys...

Re: VOTA2 plus QLB for $500!!! (Sale ends today)

It\'s a good deal if you want to buy what they are selling. For instance, I want QLB but I don\'t want Verces of the pockylips.

A local music dealer, who has a web storefront but no brick and mortor store, told me that distributers offer these package deals to resellers periodically specifically to move product that is not selling at it\'s retail price.

Mike

Originally posted by MGreene:
    It\'s a good deal if you want to buy what they are selling. For instance, I want QLB but I don\'t want Verces of the pockylips.

A local music dealer, who has a web storefront but no brick and mortor store, told me that distributers offer these package deals to resellers periodically specifically to move product that is not selling at it\'s retail price.

Mike
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mike,

The point is that QLB regularly sells for $625 at SoundsOnline.com, and now for $495 you get both QLB and VOTA2. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I know cripes...Its a deal if you want VotA or not.

unless of course you already have VotA...which you never knwo..you may be able to talk into getting credit/points at soundsonline.

Still QLB is cheaper this way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    I know cripes...Its a deal if you want VotA or not.

unless of course you already have VotA...which you never knwo..you may be able to talk into getting credit/points at soundsonline.

Still QLB is cheaper this way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King,

How are you doing? It\'s been a while...I was way too busy last quarter at college, and the GigaStudio took a low priority.
    I saw that Gary incorporated some of your customizations to the GOS library, and that you\'re as busy tweaking and giving good advice as always [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Take care, and keep busy!

MGreene,

\'cuse me? \"...move product that is not selling at it\'s retail price\"?

The top 10 sellers at SOL:
    01 QL VOTA GIGA
    02 BT Textures AKAI
    03 BT Breakz AKAI
    04 Retronica REASON
    05 QL Rare Insts GIGA
    06 Dub Tactic REASON
    07 Pure Guitars GIGA
    08 Dr/Motown REASON
    09 Creat/Ess REASON
    10 QL Brass AKAI

Don\'t worry about it, dwdonehoo. Don\'t bother with him or he\'ll start asking for legal references, or some mumbo jumbo like that.

(just a little immature jab at your immature jab at me, greene. no hard feelings, k? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Anyway, this is a deal that would be hard for ANYONE to top. Both QLB and VotA are libraries I consider a necessity (though QLB may start showing its age within the next year or two).

Any quick opinions on these libs? Are they getting \"old\" or are they close to state of the art? The exposed high brass in the QLB demo at SoundsOnLine is not very impressive to my ears - synthy. Any other QLB demos around? The VOTA demo sounds good. How does VOTA sound without an archestra behind it?

Any opinions from owners would be greatly appreciated - before the sale ends.

I take King\'s point that it seems like a deal - however when the typical discount at most big music stores is around 30-35% even before any \"special\" sales, to me this \"deal\" doesn\'t seem so great. 30% off of the normal $625 dollar price of QLB would make a final price of $435. And I don\'t need or want VOA. The deal seems even less inviting when you realize that retail prices are often set artifically high to make sales seems like a bargin - and as someone else posted, QLB doesn\'t sound all that great anyway.

I did send an email to Eastwest asking them to bundle QLB with something else - they didn\'t even bother to answer.

To Rooftop - You offered a non-factual legal opinion and I asked you to prove it. If you regard being told you\'re wrong when you are, as an \"immature jab\", then we have very divergent takes on reality. I\'m sorry, but I will not, sheeplike, accept what the sellers are selling without analyzing the deal and posing questions.

I shutter to think of some of youse buying a used car.

Am I being the confrontational new guy, here? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mike

Sale? What sale? I tried to order a couple of libs, and entered the GIGASALE promotional code, and it told me it did not apply. (Dan Dean Bass and the RI bundle)
    Too late?
    Dasher

Go Back to forum