• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Even more solo strings demos! :)

Even more solo strings demos! :)

Hehe it\'s more like a fun topic than it is anything serious.. I just did some sampling of my viola. The result wasn\'t TOO bad.
    If people like it I\'ll give it to you for free.

Here are some demos:

Some weird interpretation of Schindler\'s List on Viola (probably in wrong key and tempo etc) (No tweaking except I added slides after the first take):

Some realtime improvisation using the legato patch with up/down alternating bowings (played live on synth in one take):

Again, this is me having a little fun doing some late friday night sampling, it\'s in no way meant to rival the upcoming professional solo strings libraries [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Even more solo strings demos! :)

hah, I love it! nice dark edge to it, very emotional strokes. Please count me in for a copy if ya don\'t mind?

Sounds great! Count me in too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Me too...

It sounds nice Thomas. But it almost sounds like a really nervous viola player. But it has a nice dark personality to it overall.

I\'d love one too!!

Thanks in advance

I like it because it\'s not perfect. It is as if the player was not certain of himself and was holding back a bit. I think that gives it a certain style that it\'s a bit unusual, but realistic.

How big is the file? I\'d love to get a copy if it\'s up for grabs and you don\'t mind sharing this very interesting sounding instrument! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Glad you like it folks.
    Aaron, I\'m not nervous. I really can\'t play the viola, but I figured I\'d have a go anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Sometimes I like the hesitation in the notes though, it makes it more \"tender\".

Uploaded another demo where I removed some highs and boosted some \"body\". Just a simple first take again. Straight off of the keyboard with no tweaking:

Midphase: it is a $100 children\'s viola played by me (My primary instrument is piano and my secondary is trumpet), with a contra bass bow (HEHE) so that\'s why it sounds so different [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tomorrow I\'m gonna sample spiccato up/down, some agitato attacks and slides. If it doesn\'t turn out too big (It\'s around 15 mb now) I\'ll make it available for all of you.

On monday I\'m getting a cello which I will also sample, but more extensively as I love the sound of the cello! Hopefully it\'s not that different to play [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Afterall it\'s also tuned in 5ths and the fingering is the same so it should work out well.

For someone who \'cant play\' I think it\'s really really good - could be very useful, if not for \'beautiful playing\' then for \'disturbing playing\' [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast