• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: Headphones

OT: Headphones

What kinda headphones (or speakers) do people here use? I use Sennheiser HD-570...

Re: OT: Headphones

I use Beyerdynamic - best headphones Ive ever had [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

using audio-technica ATH-M40\'s. Tried a few sony\'s I liked too, but these won out for comfort.

Sony, for years now. Everything else sounds muddy or colors the sound too much. I do wish I could find something that sounds great and is endlessly comfortable...

I join the club with Sennheiser HD580 - not only keeps warm your ears [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...

I like the high gain and brightness of the Sony MDR family. Too many headphones sound muffled and boomy (especially the strangely popular AKG headphones).

I\'m using two Sony MDR\'s now.

I had a great Rlaond RD120s or whatever they were. I really dug those alot. And I might pick another pair of similar fones up again for \"comparison\". I\'ve gotten quite used to the SONY\'s tho, and the two I have (7506, and V600) are pretty comfortable...but my ears do get fatigue with long periods of use. POssibly a bit too tight....but thats also something I like abou them. They stay where I want them to.

I have used the Sony MDR-V6 for years and have a newer MDR-7506. I really like them both for comfort and for sound. I think it\'s pretty important to use a set of headphones that you can trust. Whatever make or model they are. If you know your phones then you will always have a consistent point of reference. Just like a pair of monitor speakers, you gotta have a reliable place to justify making all your critical decisions.

I am using the Sennheiser HD Pro. Very flat response (a bit on the tight side for comfort).

Sennheiser HD580

AKG K240M

Both sound excellent but the Sennheisers are more comfortable for extended use.

Go Back to forum