• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey - anybody awake here?

Share/Bookmark

Hey - anybody awake here?

Hey Gang!

I haven't seen a new post in a while? That's unusual. Maybe we should start a new "Delete This." Well there's an idea!

OK...here we go!

Gary

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Hey - anybody awake here?

I posted on the main forum, days ago. Not a single reply.

JW

I am awake!!!!!!!!!!! but very, very, very busy with exploring the VSL Solo Strings Full possibilities. Besides that there is also something as "social life". The last days I even didn't listen to music.

Raymond

Definitely awake - finishing up a field fanfare for the local school band and three choral works. I've entered a few composition contests and will hopefully get back to the new musical soon.

Of course I keep watching to see if a new contest pops up here - methinks (after reading some of the comments from the last contest) that it may be time to separate contests for classical, jazz and everything else to even out the judging. Just a thought.

Tom

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannot Welter View Post
    I posted on the main forum, days ago. Not a single reply.

JW
    The "main forum"--? Which one do you mean, Jeannot? I would think this is the main forum right here.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    I am awake!!!!!!!!!!! but very, very, very busy with exploring the VSL Solo Strings Full possibilities. Besides that there is also something as "social life". The last days I even didn't listen to music.

Raymond
    Wow, that's fantastic Raymond, being able to own VSL Solo Strings! I looked into it but it was way beyond my price range. Besides I still have huge bills from my cancer treatment from last year. However, I was able to "splurge" just a bit. I managed to buy the Gold edition of East West Sounds Symphonic Orchestra. I've been using it in conjunction with my Garritan libraries. They work really well together for the most part in both Finale and Sonar, though once in a while Sonar X3 does crash. It doesn't like the EW library as much as it does Garritan. Still, just having sweeter strings and a much better sounding trumpet has really helped!

Gary

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Definitely awake - finishing up a field fanfare for the local school band and three choral works. I've entered a few composition contests and will hopefully get back to the new musical soon.

Of course I keep watching to see if a new contest pops up here - methinks (after reading some of the comments from the last contest) that it may be time to separate contests for classical, jazz and everything else to even out the judging. Just a thought.

Tom
    That is fantastic to hear, Tom, that you have a lot of composing going on! I'd love to hear the fanfare you worked on sometime. Like you, I've entered a couple of composition contests. I always continue to have hope. What were the choral works you wrote for? I'd be really curious. My partner sings in a community choir and I think I might be able to suggest them to the director.

Hrnggghh? Snrfff?

Who? What?

Okay, I'm awake now.

(Actually, I've been somewhat busy of late dealing with civic politics -no, I am not running for office- and my forum participation has been poor of late)

I promise to do better as soon as this darn stink is dealt with.

(Whichever bureaucrat thought that operating a 20,000 ton commercial compost facility on a farmland plot in the middle of a residentatial area was a good idea needs to have their head opened... THEN examined! End rant)
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Randy,

I posted on the "Sample Libraries" forum. Maybe I should have posted here.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannot Welter View Post
    Randy,

I posted on the "Sample Libraries" forum. Maybe I should have posted here.

JW
    Thanks for the reply, Jeannot - Ah, Sample Libraries - You know, I think I've poked my head in there less than 5 times in the 7 years I've been here! This is actually a totally different area we're in here - This is the collection of Garritan Forums, while the other doesn't have a connection with Garritan really. The two Forums we use the most here in the Garritan section of Northern Sounds is this General Discussion Forum and The Listening Room (not to be confused with "The Listening Area" which isn't Garritan) - where we post music.

Randy

Go Back to forum