• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Prosonus Orchestral fixes -- Thanks Donnie!

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus Orchestral fixes -- Thanks Donnie!

Hey,

In response to my own recent rant over the pitch problems in the Prosonus Orchestral Collection, I\'d like to mention to the forum that .art files have been posted on Big Fish Audio\'s site under Support/Product Updates.

Big thanks to Donnie and to BFA for showing such responsiveness! With the fixes, the product is really a great value.

There are still a couple of solo instruments that did not receive updates, and a few of those remaining do have an occasional, slight pitch problem. They\'re nothing like those that were fixed, though, and seem pretty quick and easy to clean up. The exception might be the couple that sound like pitch inconsistencies when the samples were recorded, which would be hard to correct through GS programming, I\'d think.

Here are examples of what I\'m talking about. These are some of the few that weren\'t fixed, and could use some touching-up. They\'re not played characteristically, just to show the pitch example. Tell me if I\'m crazy or being hypersensitive:
    Contrabassoon
    cornet flugel
    trombone F tuba

Again, these are pretty minor compared to the others that were fixed.

This has been a pretty good week for the GS community, from my perspective, in spite of the Emapple nonsense. Prosonus fix, VOTA utility, SAM Horns coming soon. Cool stuff!

Anyhoo, thanks Donnie & BFA for the fixes! The OC is now much more musically useful!

--Eric

Re: Prosonus Orchestral fixes -- Thanks Donnie!

Oh man, that DOES sound like crap. Ew man. EW ew ew ew.

Eric,

Thanks for the kind words...Those few solo instruments you mentioned will be up tom. I just looked over them in the first batch.....Man, that was a lot of instruments to do!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Donnie

Hello Donnie,

I\'d like to extend my thanks to you as well.

Also, I\'ve been having a very strange issue with the Flute Sust sample in the library. When I press the D5 key directly in the MIDI control surface, when the loop sample (Flute 74 lp) kicks in, things get screwed up (I posted another message in which there\'s a video with sound depicting the problem).
    You can find it at http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002265

I tinkered in GS Editor, and substituted Flute 74 lp for Flute 73 lp for that dimension.
    This fixed the problem (Although it didn\'t sound that great). So, I went and assigned Flute 74 lp back to the region, and this time I changed the final loop point by around 400 samples less. That got rid of the problem as well, but it sounds very bad, because the sustain loop isn\'t good anymore, since I changed the final loop point arbitrarily.

Does anybody have a problem with this in Windows 2000, GS 2.50? I have discarded HD problems, by using multiple HDs, by the way.

Would you mind checking that Flute 74 lp sample, and maybe rebuilding it, Donnie?

Thanks a lot!

Ruben

Originally posted by donnie:

Those few solo instruments you mentioned will be up tom. I just looked over them in the first batch
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Donnie, Don\'t forget the Cello section.

.....Man, that was a lot of instruments to do!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This has got to be a big job.

Donnie,

Will there be a release date for new CD versions of the library. I am planning on purchase\\ing this library but it can wait a while. I\'d rather just get version two of a new release, if that is what is planned, instead of loading articulation files.

So, will there be a new release and when?

Thanks for bringing Prosonus to Giga! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Robert Kral:
    Donnie,

Will there be a release date for new CD versions of the library. I am planning on purchase\\ing this library but it can wait a while. I\'d rather just get version two of a new release, if that is what is planned, instead of loading articulation files.

So, will there be a new release and when?

Thanks for bringing Prosonus to Giga! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Robert,

Yes, I have heard that there will be a re-pressing but I\'m not sure when. You could call Big Fish and I\'m sure they could tell you.

Donnie

Originally posted by MrArkadine:
    Hello Donnie,

I\'d like to extend my thanks to you as well.

Also, I\'ve been having a very strange issue with the Flute Sust sample in the library. When I press the D5 key directly in the MIDI control surface, when the loop sample (Flute 74 lp) kicks in, things get screwed up (I posted another message in which there\'s a video with sound depicting the problem).
    You can find it at http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002265

I tinkered in GS Editor, and substituted Flute 74 lp for Flute 73 lp for that dimension.
    This fixed the problem (Although it didn\'t sound that great). So, I went and assigned Flute 74 lp back to the region, and this time I changed the final loop point by around 400 samples less. That got rid of the problem as well, but it sounds very bad, because the sustain loop isn\'t good anymore, since I changed the final loop point arbitrarily.

Does anybody have a problem with this in Windows 2000, GS 2.50? I have discarded HD problems, by using multiple HDs, by the way.

Would you mind checking that Flute 74 lp sample, and maybe rebuilding it, Donnie?

Thanks a lot!

Ruben
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ruben, (one of my fav names from a John Wayne movie!)

Yes, there is definately a glitch in the looop!!! WOW. I fill fix it ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Donnie

Originally posted by donnie:
    Ruben, (one of my fav names from a John Wayne movie!)
    Does that have something to do with Ruben James? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, there is definately a glitch in the looop!!! WOW. I fill fix it ASAP.
    I can\'t thank you enough, Donnie. I\'ve been going crazy for the past 3 weeks over this. I even tried to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it, but to no avail (I am pretty new with GigaStudio though).
    BTW, would you mind sharing what was wrong with the loop after you fix it? (Meaning, what is the cause)

Thanks for your patience.

Donnie
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for looking into it, Donnie.

Keep us posted.

Ruben

Donnie,

Thanks for your work on the Prosonus Orch. Collection. I have downloaded the \'art\' files, but I am embarrassed to say I don\'t know how to apply them.

Do you just copy them to the same directory as the corresponding \'gig\' file? Or is there some other GigaVoodoo you have to perform?

Regards,
    --Doug

Go Back to forum