• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bigga Giggas: Bigga Orchestral Brass

Bigga Giggas: Bigga Orchestral Brass

Hey to everyone. Im new here, and im new to digital composing and samples. I have a general idea about all the sample companies and such. I know most people recommend dan dean\'s solo brass.

I am on a tight budget, and this sample set (the topic name) seems to offer decent quality at a price i can afford. (Im just a poor teenager) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    If anyone can offer suggestions or solutions, that would be a lot of help.

Would the 189$ investment be worth it? Or is there something out there just as good around the same price? Or would it be better to save up and get a huge package that emcompases all of the orchestral instruments. (Im involved with an independent game \"company\" where I am writing simple yet effective music, and designing sound fx.)

thanks for your time.

Re: Bigga Giggas: Bigga Orchestral Brass

It depends on what your looking for. For big trumpets, you can download it free from Maarten\'s site: www.projectsam.com, and for horns, it\'d be best if you waited for Maartens horns which sound great. TBones, I couldn\'t tell ya, and everything else, dunno. Hahha, sorry I\'m so informative. I\'m also writing for an independent game company writing huge scores and sound fx, and I was lucky enough to get my sounds on time for the game. Good luck on Giga.

Dan Dean has his Brass Esemble library coming out (it will likely be the new standard).

As was mentioned, Maarten has his Library as well (will probably be the \'best value\'.) Just depends on what you need.

Hey guys, thanks for your input. I have heard of Projectsam.com\'s stuff. Maybe ill give their trumpet section stuff a download - and go with that when its released.

Otherwise, ill wait and save and get dan dean\'s new sample library that you mentioned Rob.

Again, thanks.

Well to answer your question, I like BOB. It also complements DDSB well as they\'re very different. BOB makes nice brass choirs as the sounds are warmer. They\'re not as in your face. If what you want is \"in your face\" brass you\'re right to save up for Dan Dean.

If you want to hear BOB try \"In such a small place\" at http://www.mp3.com/ettienne

aka Ettienne

And check out Simon\'s new BoB demo. Really lush.

Thanks guys, that other post by Bruce R. was really helpful and I have decided that im going to pick up the BoB and the DDSB.

Go Back to forum