• Register
  • Help

Topic: I forget..OSX version when?

Share/Bookmark

I forget..OSX version when?

And, will it just be an AU plugin or will in run stand alone mode as well? I don\'t know when DP will add AU support, and I am not switch from my favoirte sequencer just for AU support.
    Chris

Re: I forget..OSX version when?

Originally posted by Chris Caouette:
    And, will it just be an AU plugin or will in run stand alone mode as well? I don\'t know when DP will add AU support, and I am not switch from my favoirte sequencer just for AU support.
    Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This month\'s Sound On Sound has an article about using Rax (free) as an AU host from DP4 :

http://www.grantedsw.com/rax/

Start up DP4
    Go to setup menu, select \"Interapplication MIDI\", and create an output called (for example) \"DP4 to Rax 1\"
    Now close Interapplication MIDI, start Rax, and select an AU instrument.
    From Rax\'s MIDI source pop-up menu, select \"DP4 to Rax 1\" (it\'s recognized because DP4 \"published\" it to the Core MIDI part off OSX).
    Back in DP4, you should now find \"DP4 to Rax 1\" in the output menus of all your MIDI tracks. Record-enable one of them, and go.

I actually have that program, but haven\'t experimented with it too much yet. I just wish there was a way to route the audio somewhere else, like back into DP.
    Chris

Originally posted by Chris Caouette:
    I actually have that program, but haven\'t experimented with it too much yet. I just wish there was a way to route the audio somewhere else, like back into DP.
    Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Same article - Audio Hijack pro for that.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum