• Register
  • Help

Topic: Roland Symphony orch. vol 1 Transl.

Share/Bookmark

Roland Symphony orch. vol 1 Transl.

HELP ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I bought this Roland sample disc, Symphony Orchesra Vol.1 and attempted to translate it with a Chicken Systems demo from my GOS Update.

The simple problem is that i can\'t get my computer\'s disc drive to recognize this CD.

Does anyone have any advice about this?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick D.

Re: Roland Symphony orch. vol 1 Transl.

I never used roland cd\'s neither translator, but most of sample cd formats (like akai, roland,...) use a diferent internal format, so it\'s normal that computers don\'t understand,

but, this kind of applications access the cd-rom at lower level (bit by bit) instead of normal file access.

So, althouth the pc don\'t read this kind of cd\'s (using explorer or simmilar), don\'t worry, start the application, and there will be a CD (not as drive) with your sounds...

You probably can\'t use the demo version of Translator to do this. The Giga version works
    fine with all my Roland cds.

hmmm I\'m not sure, but doesn\'t the GOS version of translator only translate GOS?

Originally posted by scf3:
    You probably can\'t use the demo version of Translator to do this. The Giga version works
    fine with all my Roland cds.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for all the advice, I\'ll have to upgrade t he chicken. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Guys - actually there are two questions being posed:

The Translator Garritan Edition that comes on the GOS-Akai and the Giga-Lite does these two things:

Translates just the GOS-Akai stuff to any format, such as EXS, HALion, Emu, etc. - even Giga. It does this because the translation is better than the onboard convertors of the respective instruments.

(NEW) Translates any Garritan Giga stuff to other formats. This is brand new and is still in process.

The Garritan Edition only does this with Garritan libraries. It almost like the full version of Transaltor is free - but it only works with Garritan libraries.

The other question was concerning that the person couldn\'t see the Akai CD in Translator, and he\'s running NT/2000/XP. Here\'s the process:

Make sure you\'ve installed ASPI from the setup of Translator. If you\'ve done that, and the CD still doesn\'t come up, go inside the Translator directory, lcoate the wnaspi32_nero.dll file, rename it wnaspi32.dll, and then start Translator. That should make it work.

Garth

Oh, forgot - no, the Garritan Edition doesn\'t do squat with other things besides Garritan, really. You have to buy Translator for that.

Garth

Originally posted by chickensys:
    Oh, forgot - no, the Garritan Edition doesn\'t do squat with other things besides Garritan, really. You have to buy Translator for that.

Garth
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Garth,
    Thanks for the clarification. I\'m using Windows 98. I have A Roland Sample Cd I wish to translate to the Giga format. Will the Chicken system translator do this? If so then I will have to upgrade to the full version.

thanks,
    rick

Go Back to forum