• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Very BAD news for Logic-PC users!

Very BAD news for Logic-PC users!

Check this:

Apple just bought Emagic and the PC version line will be discontinued already next september (!!!)

aaarrgggghh..... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Very BAD news for Logic-PC users!

\"Apple Acquires Emagic
    July 1st 2002

CUPERTINO, California and HAMBURG, Germany -- July 1, 2002 --
    Apple today announced it has acquired Emagic, a leading provider of professional software solutions for computer based music production. Emagic\'s most popular product, Logic, is actively used by over 200,000 musicians around the world. Emagic will operate as a wholly owned division of Apple.

\"Emagic has set the industry standard for professional music creation and production,\" said Sina Tamaddon, Apple\'s senior vice president of Applications. \"We\'re very excited to have the Emagic team join Apple and create more amazing products for musicians.\"

Macintosh-based products account for over 65 percent of Emagic\'s current revenues. Emagic\'s Windows-based product offerings will be discontinued on September 30, 2002.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.\"

Screw that. The new VST kicks its butt anyway at this point with a similar sequencer built on the nuendo engine and with the multiple computer network technology. I\'ve been considering changing over but this solidifies my decision. I\'m switching as soon as possible if that\'s the way they are going to be. The new VST can even operate macs and pcs together in their virtual studio network.

Grrr. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] What a stupid thing to do...
    I agree with Dave - I saw and tried the new VST in Frankfurt and I loved it. I am going to change a.s.a.p.

But it is not good for Giga users.... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Why is this bad news for Giga users? Forgive me, I\'m a newbie. In fact I\'m worse than a newbie. I don\'t actually own Gigastudio yet. I watch this forum because I\'m fairly committed to the GIGA route. I\'ve bought several GIGA libraries already at times when they were on sale, but I\'m still saving to piece together a system on which to play them.

My current system is based around Cubase, and I was going to update to Cubase SX for my Gigasystem. Now I\'m wondering, because this post makes it sound as though Gigastudio works much better alongside Logic than Cubase. Is this the case?

Hi Pingu:

Many users like to run everyting on one PC - so if Logic is gone and they switch to Mac, they might forget all about PC and Giga (runs only on PC.

Hopefully this will not happen...

I think SX will be great with Giga! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Damn this.... I just switched to Logic a couple of months ago. Now I\'ll have to reconsider, going back to Cubase maybe... eek:////

When Logic is gone from PC - EXS24 (which I have just purchased...) will go too I guess. This means that we (PC) sample developers will have to invest in Mac\'s soon to be able to support all the polular samplers. This really annoys me.

It\'s not just the money, but learning a new OS is pretty hard and time consuming. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Wasn\'t there a rumour some time ago that GigaStudio would be made compatible for the Mac?
    & Did Apple stop to consider that it is easier and cheaper simply to switch to Cubase SX than to invest in an Apple simply to continue working with Logic?

When will Apple get a clue? Why not continue producing the pc version also? The Mac OS could be the dominant OS in the world right now if Apple wasn\'t so close minded about everything. There\'s a reason why Microsoft produces Office for the Mac, they know that if its not available on the Mac, a Mac user will just use something else. Like its been mentioned here already, there are other (good) choices for pc users.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast