• Register
  • Help

Topic: Setting velocity range

Share/Bookmark

Setting velocity range

Hi all

I want to change the velocity range on this one patch so it 64-127 instead of 0-127 if u know what I mean. Can\'t work out how to do it ? Any suggestions ? Do i need to create a velocity switch first ?

Re: Setting velocity range

I\'m not quite sure I follow you.

Do you not want the patch to respond to velocities below 64?

What do you want it to do when it is sent, say, velocity 50?

I suppose the simplest way to have a patch ignore 0-63 velocity, outside of sequencer transform type functions, would be to add a second layer which sits in the 0-63 band, just fill it with empty regions, and make Giga switch to your patch layer when you get to 64 or higher.....

Hi Chadwick

Actually what I was trying to achieve was two layers in one patch. Layer one plays at all velocities (eg legato strings slow attack), layer two (harder attack marcato or detaches or the like) only kicks in above say 110 velocity. So above 110 both layers play. Therefore I need to adjust the lower velocity limit of the hard attack layer. This is what I was having troubl doing. I could get it so it was either or but not how I just described. It has to be possible I know but I\'m stumped having only recently switched from my Akai S3000 !!

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gulliver - thats it - u r a star.

BTW I very much enjoyed a couple of your MP3s recently, especially the string parts...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jo-Seth:
    Hi Chadwick
    I could get it so it was either or but not how I just described. It has to be possible I know but I\'m stumped having only recently switched from my Akai S3000 !!
    Cheers
    Gary
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the GSEditor create your two layers like you mentioned, on the layer you want the sample to only respond above a certain velocity create two velocity splits and map the bottom one to \'null sample\' (just right click and hit \'Map to null sample\') Drag the velocity split level of the bottom level to match the minimum point you want the sample above to kick in. Now, if you save the giga file at this point the editor will say something like \'contains unassigned regions\' - that\'s OK. Just make sure that when you mapped to a null sample that you highlighted all the regions you wanted effected (which is probably All)

Regards,
    F. Juma.

Go Back to forum