• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO & VSL Specials at TrueSpec

Share/Bookmark

GPO & VSL Specials at TrueSpec

We have specials posted for March 26- April 1 at Alexander University Inc\'s TrueSpec Systems:

http://www.truespec.com/specials.shtml

These include (to mention a few):

1. Special pricing on GPO
    2. Special pricing on VSL
    3. Advance order reservation for new Horizon packages
    4. Special pricing on Steinberg MIDEX8 and MIDEX 3
    5. Special pricing on Soundcraft mixing boards

Re: GPO & VSL Specials at TrueSpec

Very cool! I should have been patient for just a few more days before ordering GPO from you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

...just as well. For the small price difference, I\'ll definitely enjoy the .pdf book on orchestration. Tempting offers on the other products, though!

GPO is a steal at $249. For $211, the old \"GPO or Silver\" question is moot - the answer would be to pick up both.

--Eric

Quote from TrueSpec specials page:

Attention European and Pacific Rim Customers! Take advantage of the dollar vs. Euro and the dollar vs. the Yen by ordering from the US. We’ve shipped to the UK, France, Poland, Germany, Japan, Taiwan and other countries with no problems.

For what it\'s worth, I bought GPO from TrueSpec, and as a European customer (Stockholm, Sweden), I\'d just like to affirm the above to anyone thinking about grabbing this deal from outside the US.

I can only speak for myself, but ordering GPO as well as getting it delivered was a charm and worked perfectly. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Furthermore, I can wholeheartedly recommend anyone to do business with TrueSpec.

Peter and Caroline are most helpful and very professional. As far as I\'m concerned, I couldn\'t have asked for better treatment and service. Top notch.

Thank you

Cheers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rodney

Sounds great peter.

Can you tell us what\'s going on with the Strings Writing course and the Samplitude 7 class/course?

Thank you, Rodney!

Originally posted by panzerD:
    Sounds great peter.

Can you tell us what\'s going on with the Strings Writing course and the Samplitude 7 class/course?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The original string writing course is still available. I haven\'t been promoting it widely because the coming revision as a Living Music Book course, is really the ultimate beginning strings writing course. And it\'s certainly FAR better than the course I had in college.

The new program will release for $199 and includes a complete solo strings set called the Rimsky Korksakov Student String Quartet created exclusively for us by Kirk Hunter. It\'s a simple one layer series in Giga format (2.54) that imports easily into Mach 5, HALion 2 and Kontakt. I\'ve shaped the revised class so that not only do you learn how to write for strings, but how to create realistic string arrangements when sequencing. I have some real surprises here I can\'t talk about.

The Samplitude class is going to be the best recording class ever, and a model for every other recording program we document at Alexander Publishing. Right now I\'m midway through the first group of revised 7.2 lessons which cover the fundamentals of the program including recording for voice, electric and acoustic guitar, which is a major expansion from before. Because Samplitude is so big, our next step from the basics group is to cover the key sections in a modular manner. So this way, when version 8 comes available mid-summer, updating won\'t take quite as long.

You\'ll note that I\'ve withdrawn promoting the Samplitude class. We had so many changes with different companies owning/changing/distributing the software, that I wanted to get through a group of lessons for the original class members before opening it up to everyone.

Things were not helped last year (2003) that I was literally sick and in bed for around 100 days. So I\'m really behind the power curve.

Thanks for asking.

Originally posted by peter269:
    The original string writing course is still available. I haven\'t been promoting it widely because the coming revision as a Living Music Book course, is really the ultimate beginning strings writing course.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m confused. Is the \"Living Music Book\" course a replacement for the \"Introduction to String Writing Level I\", or is it an additional product, with a different focus?

(Is the \"Introduction to String Writing Level I\" going to continue to be available?)

Lawrence

Originally posted by Lougheed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by peter269:
    The original string writing course is still available. I haven\'t been promoting it widely because the coming revision as a Living Music Book course, is really the ultimate beginning strings writing course.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m confused. Is the \"Living Music Book\" course a replacement for the \"Introduction to String Writing Level I\", or is it an additional product, with a different focus?

(Is the \"Introduction to String Writing Level I\" going to continue to be available?)

Lawrence
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Massive upgrade upon completion, and replacement when completed. Those who sign up now, get the full course at the lower price, AND updated lessons as they get finished - but at the current course price.

Go Back to forum