• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: National Energy Foundation winner

Share/Bookmark

National Energy Foundation winner

Hi all,

I guess as composers will should always welcome new opportunities to grow and learn new styles.

My son (11 years old)Braydon, entered a contest for the \"National Energy Foundation\" in his elementary school. All elementary schools in the US and Canada participated. He\'s not much of a scientist but he loves writing music and singing. We worked together on this and Lo and behold he was the National winner! He goes to Hawaii for a week and then Washington DC in June to perform for \'dignitaries\'.

It was fun to work with my own flesh and blood on this one. Although, his performance has some \'rough edges\' I think it plays to childlike energy.

ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox all went to his school today to \'surprise\' him with the news. Man - that was a treat to see his reaction. He sang this a cappella for the camera crews and did a great job. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I used mostly VSL on this one.

\"Flip The Light\" - National Energy Foundation

Rob

Re: National Energy Foundation winner

nice!
    and very good voice performance

congratz [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much. This little \'house ape\' really enjoys singing. His brothers and sisters are constantly telling him to \'put a sock in it!!\' [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The little ditty is not going to change the world but it was fun to do something different.

Rob

Hey Rob, that was great!
    My first music of the day put a big wide grin on my face.
    Little orphan Andy(?) That would make you Daddy Warbucks.
    Kids got some chops man. Genetics. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Of course he\'s lucky to have a maestro with an eighty piece orchestra in the den! When you came in with the single overdub I kept wanting to hear an entire choir of little Elliots. That would be fun. Oh yeah, and vsl sounds ok too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    You guys should pack up the gear and hit Broadway.
    Nice work sir.
    congratulations

cb

Originally posted by christianb:
    When you came in with the single overdub I kept wanting to hear an entire choir of little Elliots. That would be fun.
    cb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Very funny Christian in the reference [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That is so wierd you should say that about the last chorus, becuase I really wanted to get the rest of the fam singing on that outro. I decided that although it would sound cool I wanted to keep to a little \'lower profile\' and \'focus\' on lil\' orphan Andy [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] (it would be fun though.) I am glad you feel it had a \'broadway\' sound because I was pretty sure the judges for something like this would not be listening for hidden subtleties.

Thanks again.

Rob

Very cool, Rob.

Congratulations to you and your son.

He did a great job, and your part wasn\'t too shabby either [grin].

-- Martin

Thanks Martin.

Rob

Guess it was a bit hard to push him for the last tone [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

He has a very unusually professional vibrato for a young boy. Did you teach him on this ?

Congrats! A worthy winner. Arrangment sounds great too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wonderful composition and awesome kid! Although they would readily provide support, not too many fathers would actually compose for their cildren like you did - I salute you for that. What a cool dad you are!

Also, I\'ve been listening to some of your music again. \"O\' Jerusalem\" and \"Tenderness\" bring me to tears every time. I wish I could compose like that!

For all that you do, congratulations!

Go Back to forum