• Register
  • Help

Topic: First EXS24 White Grand demos!

Share/Bookmark

First EXS24 White Grand demos!

We finally got the first beta version of the White Grand in EXS24 format.
    The White Grand is a sampled grand piano that has no less then 32 individual samples/note! That\'s 16 samplese for pedal up and 16 for pedal down.
    You can read more about the White Grand at SampleTekk.
    The White Grand EXS24 version is now going into it\'s final betatesting phase and will be released in 2-3 weeks time.

Here are the two demos:
    Stella by Moonligt - performed by Richard Krull
    Rach\'n\'Roll

Both demos where made using EXS24 Mark II. Nothing what so ever was made to the recordings. Just the White Grand straight out of the box!

Re: First EXS24 White Grand demos!

Worra,

Will this be a free downloadable upgrade from giga version ??

As you know I just bought (and love) the giga version but I would have prefered the exs version if it had been available.

I think its awesome that you are releasing it in EXS format.
    I am sure that there are alot of future customers just waiting for it.
    I am!

Originally posted by ed hamilton:
    Worra,

Will this be a free downloadable upgrade from giga version ??

As you know I just bought (and love) the giga version but I would have prefered the exs version if it had been available.

I think its awesome that you are releasing it in EXS format.
    I am sure that there are alot of future customers just waiting for it.
    I am!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, there will be free crossgrades in the same manner as the crossgrades between Giga/Kontakt/HALion.

Your libs are excellent and your crossgrade policy speaks loudly to the quality of your company.

I will literally buy everything you guys make.

Just out of curiosity, how did you ultimately deal with the lack of release envelopes in EXS? And is the 64 voice maximum an issue?

Originally posted by seanmccoy:
    Just out of curiosity, how did you ultimately deal with the lack of release envelopes in EXS? And is the 64 voice maximum an issue?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Sean.

The demos you hear is without the releasesamples. I\'m discussing with Emagic to find the best solution, (if anyone in this forum has any ideas on the releasesample matter, please contact me at per@sampletekk.com! The EXS manuals and tech guys are sometimes not that updated....).
    I don\'t think that the 64 voice is a problem. Both of the demos have 64 voices max, but I can\'t say I can hear that they suffer from it.

Hi Worra,

Release samples implementation in EXS is a bit under the other samplers standards. You cannot make an attack envelope and cannot alter the volume of the samples based on the time you have the note on active. These are major shortcomings in my view.

One work around for the release samples though; you can burn the new attack into the release sample on the WAVE file level. This way you are certain that the release starts the right way.

64 polyphony will become a problem when you start using the release samples, as they can double the number of voices playing simultenously. There is no real work around for this. One thing can be done; split the midi keyboard in two midi channels (below and above middle C) and send both keyboard ranges to different midi channels. Give each a seperate instance of EXS24 and voila, more voices!

Good luck.

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    Hi Worra,

Release samples implementation in EXS is a bit under the other samplers standards. You cannot make an attack envelope and cannot alter the volume of the samples based on the time you have the note on active. These are major shortcomings in my view.

One work around for the release samples though; you can burn the new attack into the release sample on the WAVE file level. This way you are certain that the release starts the right way.

64 polyphony will become a problem when you start using the release samples, as they can double the number of voices playing simultenously. There is no real work around for this. One thing can be done; split the midi keyboard in two midi channels (below and above middle C) and send both keyboard ranges to different midi channels. Give each a seperate instance of EXS24 and voila, more voices!

Good luck.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Michiel! Thanks for your input!!!

I had a hunch that it would be like this...
    However, there\'s a mystical checkbox in the group window that appears when you choose \"Key Release\" for \"Trigger on\". To the right of the \"Decay\" window.
    Now, I\'ve heard from a guy at Apple, who have worked a lot with EXS24 that this box should give you the result that the decay starts on the keydown and thus gives you a volume on the release samples that are connected to how long you have held the key down prior to release.
    I\'ve tried this, but I can\'t get any difference in sound with the checkbox on or off....
    I\'m gonna call Emagic Monday and see if there\'s any explanation to this.

Anyone else on the forum that have some input in this...???
    I can\'t really understand why EXS24 wouldn\'t support this. It\'s really so essential if you wanna make good instruments like a piano.

Hi Worra,

David Fox of Sonic Implants is waiting for the same release samples update from Apple/Emagic for the EXS version of Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings. He spoke with Emagic reps at NAMM and expects them to release the parameter update anytime now.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Frederick

Go Back to forum