• Register
  • Help

Topic: What happened to the free SAM Trumpets???

Share/Bookmark

Re: What happened to the free SAM Trumpets???

I remember Maarten saying the free Trumpet would be withdrawn shortly, presumably because they now have a commercial one.

Correct, to avoid confusions, but maybe they make exceptions for persistent mailers [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

If *I* remember right, Maarten said we could share it, like \"who loaded it up?\", but they won\'t upload it again. I have them, but my server\'s too small, sorry.

If I get an OK from Maarten or Vincent I can share it tomorrow, for a few days.

What happened to the free SAM Trumpets???

I went to the site and the free ones were gone [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Is there a place where I could get them, or are they taken down because he no longer offers them as the free demo version?

Have you sent them an email? Maarten is in the States for the Game Developers Conference, but Vincent and Marco can probably answer your question. Send a mail to sales and info at projectsam.com.

Success,

Adam (and others),

If you send me your email address, I can host the file for a few days on my webspace and send you the URL. Maarten just mailed me it\'s OK to share the file, but rather not via a public link. Again, this is to avoid confusion with the new, commercial ProjectSAM trumpet ensemble library, which is immensely better and bigger than the old freebie.

(peter at peteroos.com)
    Regards,

I'm reviving this thread, to ask a question of anyone who is using this library. I downloaded it and tried it (in Kontakt 2, full version + Sonar) and I am finding the volume to be impossibly low.

In the virtual instrument, in Kontakt, I see that the default volume is set to the highest level. But I hear almost nothing at all until I make the cc7 value=127, and the velocity of every note in the track = 127 as well. I have tried using a separate instance of Kontakt for the trumpet, installing it as a VSTi in a separate track in Sonar, and boosting the volume to the max. But the volume is still dwarfed by that of my subtlest string libraries.

If I boost the master output volume (keeping the meeter out of the red, to prevent distortion) and then set the volumes for every other instrument in the piece lower relative to the trumpet, I can get closer to a natural balance, but this leaves me working with very little dynamic range for the softer instruments.

I've seen differences in the volumes, and the default volume level, between Kontakt instruments before, but never like this. I don't know how anyone could work with it. I'd be interested to know what other users have found, and if there is a remedy (short of spending money to use this free instrument).

Allegro Data Solutions

Go Back to forum