• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I have a shortfilm that needs music scoring. it's already got film contest interests

Share/Bookmark

I have a shortfilm that needs music scoring. it\'s already got film contest interests

Updated 03/25/04 9.00 pm
    I have a short film that needs music scoring. It’s already got film contest interests. I have no money but the composer will get good scoring credits when the film goes off the charts. I have two other films going into production now. I need music.
    Any help or ideas?
    I\'m looking to shop all the film contests with my films.
    To give you an idea I have a list of the music that I think makes my film.
    The actual film is about 20 minutes there are bloopers and comical commentary to make it out to be 30 min. I have music to it now, I know I not going to get one of these bands though the music I hope should be racy like these band.
    1.. Alice in Chains - Rooster
    2.. CCR - Born On The Bayou
    3.. CCR - Run Through The Jungle
    4.. Clint Eastwood - The Good The Bad & the Ugly Film
    5.. Limp bizkit - mission impossible
    6.. Metallic - Unforgiven (instrumental acoustic)
    7.. Metallic - Unforgiven 2
    8.. Mission Impossible theme
    9.. Queen - We Will Rock You (Full Version)
    These bands are kinds of what I\'m looking for. but they are well know bands and I can\'t use any of it in a film festival.
    Brief description: Action
    Place: Down Town Los Angeles
    Time: Present
    A man wakes up only to find himself being stalked by a tall beautiful woman in a long black trench coat and dark sunglasses, (The Terminatorette) for no apparent reason. He is attack repeatedly, which leads him to fight back and change his destiny. He then lures her into an old zoo so he can capture and confront her. Though without success?

Is he awake or is it a dream.

Rob Silver

Re: I have a shortfilm that needs music scoring. it\'s already got film contest interests

Hi Robbie,

Can ya tell me what it\'s all about? How long the film is and whatkind of music ya want? You can hear my style of composing on me site. I\'ve posted my whole Space Suite on it so have a listen:

www.sidbarnhoorn.tk or,
    http://sidbarn.magic-systems.net

Tell me what ya think. Mail me at: sidbarnhoorn@hotmail.com or add me to MSN.

Take care,
    -Sid.

Re: I have a shortfilm that needs music scoring. it\'s already got film contest interests

Yeah, I might be interested as well. Here\'s my webpage: www.nigel.has.it so you can check out my music.

Good luck!

Robbie:

Here\'s a quick sample you can download to hear a Film music type cue, but if you\'re looking for an acutal band type of music - you may do better talking to some groups.

Here\'s the music sample link:

http://www.landfordproductions.com/Test/

email:landford@verizon.net

Tom

Wow!! i like the \"idea\"....
    here are some of my style:

\"Winds of Freedom\",
    http://www.creathinks.net/usuarios/Diego/5.mp3

\"Tales From the Middle Earth\", :
    1-\"Gollum´s Cavern\".
    http://www.creathinks.net/usuarios/Diego/1.mp3
    2-\"Four on their Way\".
    http://www.creathinks.net/usuarios/Diego/2.mp3
    3-\"Gondor´s Calling\".
    http://www.creathinks.net/usuarios/Diego/3.mp3
    4-\"Isengard\".
    http://www.creathinks.net/usuarios/Diego/4.mp3

For your consideration...

Dmontesinos@ono.com

D.M

All I\'m gonna say is when you agree to score a film for nothing, your perceived value becomes nothing.
    -Hudson

When I was just starting out, I did lots of jobs for pennies or nothing at all. If I didn’t, I would have never met the people that were instrumental in the development of my career. The most important thing that I learned was that if you say you’ll do a job, that you can actually do and finish the job. That is the value of it right there. Not to mention the experience gained.

Doing something for nothing is better than doing nothing at all. Obviously if some one where a well established composer with people breaking the door down for their scores, then yes, working for nothing does not make any sense.

dk

I have worked on a couple of student shorts and I have seen some wierd attitudes. They will spend a grand on negatives and developing, 120 quid for a 20 frame fade out, 400 quid renting a crane for a day and a half, 200 quid on insurance for the crew...

They then say there is no budget for the music (which is, in certain kinds of films, 50% of the end product). Money is always somehow found to pay for visually-related things.

Of course, this is all hard-earned money they are blowing on their brainchild, and it\'s tough. But there is a widespread perception that music comes for free, and I find it disturbing.

Still, there is little else you can do as a budding composer. You have to climb the ladder. I suppose my only issue is not with the lack of economic reward, it\'s the attitude behind it, the percieved value of 0 for your work.

Originally posted by Leon Willett:
    I have worked on a couple of student shorts and I have seen some wierd attitudes. They will spend a grand on negatives and developing, 120 quid for a 20 frame fade out, 400 quid renting a crane for a day and a half, 200 quid on insurance for the crew...

They then say there is no budget for the music (which is, in certain kinds of films, 50% of the end product). Money is always somehow found to pay for visually-related things.

Of course, this is all hard-earned money they are blowing on their brainchild, and it\'s tough. But there is a widespread perception that music comes for free, and I find it disturbing.

Still, there is little else you can do as a budding composer. You have to climb the ladder. I suppose my only issue is not with the lack of economic reward, it\'s the attitude behind it, the percieved value of 0 for your work.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I 100% agree. I say if you want to pay for music, you can. In addition to this, I have the feeling that rather than saying \"You do it for free, so I will let you do what you want, be happy with whatever is your contribution\", it\'s very often like \"he works for free (so his work is worth nothing) so he can work it over and over again, do it exactly as I want etc.\". Sorry, but the attitude is disturbing me either, and the \"festival\" argument is always nice, but still you need money to live.

...and all people who answered positively already ruined it and there will be always people who do so.

That´s why in the computer game business, no bmi is paid. Cause there´s always someone who does it without. The value of music nowadays is lowest ever, I think.

Sad, but true...

Go Back to forum